News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce

Started by J.A.M., August 31, 2010, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarK T

Even though MMI has done the Mudhens, I'm sure Bachmann could bring them in at an acceptable price point (below $500) and I'm guessing they might run a bit smoother and have the coupler at the right height for the rest of the Bachmann equipment and be dcc ready (no need to remove the boiler) ...wishful thinking :)

ossygobbin

Quote from: Royce Wilson on September 22, 2010, 02:21:33 PM
Then that leaves us with a Heisler and a 4-4-0 that everyone wants! and last but not least the RGS 20. ;D

Royce

i dont

Hamish K

This thread is about dream locos, i.e. the loco you would really like, whether or not it is a likely project for Bachmann to make. Mine are the "puffing billy' 2-6-2 tank and the K1 Garratt,and  no I don't really expect either.  Some however have turned this into a what Bachmann should make thread and seem to assume that their interests are everybodies, e.g. assertions about a proper 4-4-0. All locos are proper! and not everybody wants large 3 foot prototypes. I want and need (space reasons) small locos.

Hamish

Mike_AA9ZY

I have to agree with you Hamish. If the new sound equipped Porters have the correct sound package and operate properly, I will be a happy modeler.

Royce Wilson

Hamish, you are very right and I apologize for that statement. I once was lucky enough to meet a famous book author, Mallory Hope Ferrell, in a local hobby shop. he told me that there was no such thing as a ugly steam locomotive.

The Puffing Billy is not high on my personal list ,but it sure is a pretty and intresting locomotive and given all the great modeling that has come out of Australia then I really think those guys need a model produced.

Happy modeling

Royce Wilson

Tomcat

Royce, you are right about the MMI K-27. I´ve got three of them and just one runs halfway acceptable. Poor electric pickup which I think to reconstruct by adding extra wipers on the tender, and a tend to derail, even on wide curves. Bachmann could do definitely better, I´m sure. I´ve a Bachmann RGS 455 post-wreck here and if you look at the awesome running gear construction - wow...

RGS 20 would be a cool thing - we will see her under steam in 2011 I hope...
RGS / C&S 74 would be cool too...

And that 3rd type of geared engine we are (nearly...???) hoping for...
This H-word is nearly worn out to type it here... :( :( :(

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

J.A.M.

Tell you what, a larger shay would be nice, something like bachmanns large scale 1  ;D
Cheers :)

Tomcat

Yeah, I definitely agree: A more "modern" Shay, the Ely Thomas Lumber No.6 for example, would be a cool thing to have... Or a Westside, or.... :) :) :)

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

kcsivils1

Oregon Lumber Company #7 - still operating in NW Indiana at the Hesston Steam Museum.

Great cabbage stack and a large three truck Shay - the last narrow gauge one ever built.

whitepasser

Now its time for the first big narrow gauge diesel engine.

So I'm asking for any diesel engine of the White Pass & Yukon Route (WP&YR)

For example the GE class 90: Number 90-100

or the Alco 101-110

and final the Bombardier 111-114

But please don't make the LGB error. Please make any engine in full O scale 1/48.
The LGB engine was not correct in dimension, but very sucessful in number of sales.
Boerries http://www.whitepassfan.net

Mister Lee

As far as road diesels go, my first vote is for something like the Oahu Railway & Land Co/Cumbres & Toltec/Georgetown Loop center-cab GE's. My second would be the 90 class, since GE built similar locos (admittedly meter-gauge) for Argentina and other countries.

I confess that I do wonder what the 90 class would look like in D&RGW passenger-F colors.

kcsivils1

USA 3000/White Pass & Yukon Route 81 would be great!

Largish switcher that was an actual variable gauge locomotive!

After its years at Skagway it went to South America.

Perhaps Boerries could post a photo of the 81!

rdftrain

A class B shay 3 cylinders 25-38 tons like the large scale one Bachmann made.

shayracer87

Hey, guys - I'm with J.A.M...... I think an early 12-14 ton Vertical Boiler Climax and/or
a T-Boiler version would be Great !  Take the basic design from the NWSL HO/HOn3 models -
Absolute beauties !!!!! Yea, I know Car Works makes Brass Models of these - But with the exceptional tooling that Bachmann has created, I 'm confident they could come up with a "killer" look.

Stevelewis

I have  to  add  my  two  pennyworth  here!
I would  welcome  a  LARGE 0n30  diesel loco
(I also model Large scale in the  Garden and  have  a  couple  of  WP&Y  diesel Locos)

I am looking  at  Rich yoder's GE 50 Tonner  but  I think  the  price  is  a bit high  although it  will probably be  a brilliant  model.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!