News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Your dream loco for Bachmann to produce

Started by J.A.M., August 31, 2010, 04:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

A Mason-Bogie, any of them. Any 6-drivered Maine 2footer. Any EBT.
Wade

Royce Wilson

AMason Bogie would be better than sliced bread! The way it is designed makes it a natural for tight curves and lets don't forget they were the Cadillac of locomotives for that time period. Yes they were limited but so was the outside frame 4-4-0 that Bachmann produced and the outside frame 2-8-0 ..lets se some Bogies!!!! ;D

Royce W

Tomcat

Royce, that would be another goodie to have here.

Preferably with a coupler mounted on a connection to the rear truck. Not the way the Forney is constructed as the Forneys tend to shove a lightweight freight car out of the tracks in very tight curves.
This can be solved with a add on coupler pocket which can swing free to give the coupler a bit more space to move, but please Bachmann, if you prefer to build a Mason bogie one day, please keep this in mind...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

ScottyB

Quote from: Royce Wilson on October 05, 2010, 05:05:18 PM
AMason Bogie would be better than sliced bread! The way it is designed makes it a natural for tight curves and lets don't forget they were the Cadillac of locomotives for that time period. Yes they were limited but so was the outside frame 4-4-0 that Bachmann produced and the outside frame 2-8-0 ..lets se some Bogies!!!! ;D

Royce W

Oooh, Mason Bogies...

Check out this beauty - not sure if it's a photo or computer generation, but it's gorgeous.
http://www.bunkspeed.com/news/news_sw_plugin_1.html

As much as I like the run-down look most of us put in our locos, a classy painted engine like that would be irresistible.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.

Tomcat

Scott, this lokie is a dream!
Even such a engine would not fit to my era/region, I couldnĀ“t resist...

Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

lbdesigns

My Dream Loco is an On30 version of the Sumpter Vally 2-6-6-2 No.250.

Royce Wilson

That Sumpter Valley 2-6-6-2 would be a nice engine and what about a Uinath version.

Royce

NKline

Gunslinger_Fur

I would LOVE to see a Mason Bogie!! One of my favorite locomotives. However I wouldn't mind see this either.  ;)

I think it'd make a nice companion for the OF 2-8-0.
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".

Royce Wilson

The Mason Bogie would be a winner! but don't forget Americas favorite ten wheeler, RGS 20...don't know why Bachmann did not make it instead of that Tweetsie engine? :P

Royce

Dusten Barefoot

I'm going to overlook that remark about "that Tweetsie Engine."

I'm not sure if the RGS 20, is america's favorite ten-wheeler; it sure isn't mine.

Rock On
~Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

jdmike

I vote for a 3 truck Climax similar to the new HO one I have, and a big huge, did I say big?, vote for WP&Y Alcos, espicaly the road switcher units.   I used to have a LGB G scale one.  HOn3 versions from PSC are almost impossible to find and pricey.   The White Pass would open up a whole new market segement for Bachmann's On30 line up with freight cars, the unique caboose, the ore cars ect.  And doing a EBT Mikado works as well as White Pass had a Baldwin Mikado as well.    Mike

Royce Wilson

Would it be possible to add one more driver to the IF 4-4-0 and make a smal mogul?
A baldwin like we are wanting, would this work?

Royce ::)

ossygobbin

how about an outside frame prairie

Gunslinger_Fur

Well I've given it some more thought and I would REALLY like to see the Emma Nevada in On30.

Also I would like to see a Heisler, 2 truck preferably.
I wouldn't mind seeing a class B Dunkirk either!  ;)
A.J. Davis, aka "Gunslinger".