News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas for 2011 ideas

Started by thomasrosiefan1, September 05, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasrosiefan1

Can Bachmann make make these Thomas products for 2011? Here's how they can be made:

James (Updated):
Take the existing James and Repaint the red part under his smokebox black. Repaint James' wheels black and his tender wheels covers black. Repaint James' hooks black and give James a front coupler. Cut into James' back cab to add a cab interior.

Rosie:
Bachmann Thomas' chassis with Percy's side rods on a new body.

Arthur:
Bachmann 3MT tank modified into a 2MT tank with a new face.

Molly:
Bachmann Edward's running gear and pony truck with a new body and a modified version of Emily's Tender.

Hank:
Modify the Pennsylvania K4 by adding a new cowcatcher with a hook and try to add a front coupler. Add Gordon's buffers to the back of the tender along with a hook and add a new face.

StanierJack

And this, Gents, is what we have the wishlist thread for. Please use that in the future instead of creating new topics.

jettrainfan

no affence but my mouth dropped a bit... i see your points clearly but my senses only say aruther could happen. maybe 2012. we would like Duck and diesel sooner than later... know what i mean?  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

PerfectPercy

Quote from: StanierJack on September 05, 2010, 05:46:59 PM
And this, Gents, is what we have the wishlist thread for. Please use that in the future instead of creating new topics.

(Prepare for exaggeration) Thank you for saying that! VERY valid point. AND as a reply to the ideas, I don't think Bachmann would go the cheap route. They would definitely start from scratch unless things are a perfect match. They are not Hornby, and Bachmann also knows how to make their models. Look at how well they've done, with only minor errors in the beginning.

Quote from: jettrainfan on September 05, 2010, 07:50:22 PM
no affence but my mouth dropped a bit... i see your points clearly but my senses only say aruther could happen. maybe 2012. we would like Duck and diesel sooner than later... know what i mean?  ;)

I wouldn't bash him like that. There is a load of wants, and you may be a classic lover, like me, but a lot of people want newer engines as well as the old.

jgaynor

as far as James you could do most of the changes your self especially the painting
but as I have said in the wishlist thread I'm looking for more structures and accessories.
I do it all for the love of my son Cameron

Cheeky_ULP

HO Thomas, Percy, and James need revisions in every area possible. I've listed my reasons why before.  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Arthur, Hank, and Molly when made would be new molds entirely. All engines will be, even if Bachmann makes the class. The models are sold and reviewed by the safety commission as toys, and so must meet US toy safety standards. Some of the detail parts wouldn't pass muster. As well, they are subject to drop tests, and must survive falls of a certain height. For this reason, I am willing to put up with having to do advanced detailing on the models myself, because it means my models will not be totaled by the occasional shelf plunge. Henry still runs after at least three such falls from static display on my bookshelf, and all that broke off were the driver and fireman in his cab, which were put there by me with white glue.

Rosie would be better off with different valve gear, chassis, and motor. James would require more work than you seem to think. Where the circuit board goes, etc. Note: Written hours ago, delay in posting.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 06, 2010, 02:49:49 AM
James would require more work than you seem to think. Where the circuit board goes, etc. Note: Written hours ago, delay in posting.

Honestly, where everything is located in James isn't even a problem. The lack of the black paint on the wheels, the black paint on the smokebox, and lack of power and weight in general are the problems.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

In order for him to have an open cab like Edward's the circuit board would have to be repositioned somewhat.

The Chaz Storm

Duck and Diesel sound like they have a REALLY good chance for being the next two engines next year.  But I also think another possibility for engines in 2011 will be Duck and Oliver.  It may not look like it, but Oliver plays a larger role in Thomas and Friends then you would think.  So if you ask me, if Duck is going to come out next year, it wouldn't surprise me if Oliver came out with him too.  Then we'd have the original engines 1-11 all taken care of.

PasqualeCS96

I wonder why there was never a engine #12....

JD417

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on September 08, 2010, 03:08:32 PM
I wonder why there was never a engine #12....
i thought Barry was number 12?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Barry hasn't been published yet, sadly.

And PasqualeCS96 was talking about the TV series, I believe.

JD417