News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas for 2011 ideas

Started by thomasrosiefan1, September 05, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fighter4luv

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 28, 2010, 09:40:16 AM
You could use the bandai Lady or ertl, but bandai is more accurate if you ask me.
I saw a Japanese youtuber who did that exact thing... but, I'm not a model train mechanic :P

PasqualeCS96

Well I know Thompsonline made one out of a bandai one but hes not Japanese at least I dont think, it must have been topkazzfat I think thats his name;I may have mispelled it.

StanierJack

Both were made from Ertl models, with extra parts sourced from the Bandai model.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yes. The ERTL one is better for supplying the basic body shell, but the lamps and funnel crown are more accurate on the Bandai one. The face is a better match right off the bat, too. I wish I had the Bandai parts to tweak mine with. Oh, by the way, expect to see updates from me (about Lady and other projects) soon.

fighter4luv

I'd also like to see more variations of rolling stock from the show :)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

I'd be glad for an increase in the kind of goods stock available, so that we don't have to import models or Anglicise models of American stock. Bachmann's got the toolings.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: fighter4luv on November 29, 2010, 04:37:26 AM
I'd also like to see more variations of rolling stock from the show :)

yea same here, different vans and rolling stock!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PerfectPercy

Quote from: fighter4luv on November 28, 2010, 04:11:03 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on November 28, 2010, 09:40:16 AM
You could use the bandai Lady or ertl, but bandai is more accurate if you ask me.
I saw a Japanese youtuber who did that exact thing... but, I'm not a model train mechanic :P

You mean TopkazFatt? He seems to be an amazing modeller. He recreated Ellsbridge Yard from Season 2 of the TV Series!

http://www.youtube.com/v/sZfoqgS82_A
Property of TopkazFatt

(Anyone know how to embed a video without just adding the URL? That would be nice.)

fighter4luv

Quote from: PerfectPercy on November 29, 2010, 09:20:33 PM
You mean TopkazFatt? He seems to be an amazing modeller. He recreated Ellsbridge Yard from Season 2 of the TV Series!
Yeah, that's him. He's amazing!

PasqualeCS96

Hes models are very good! Especially his BoCo. And one more thing this is reunrelated and please no comments on this but...........

LEBRON YOU ARE GOING DOWN TONIGHT!!!!! WITTNESS THAT CRY BABY 23!!!!! ;D ;D

alex wittman

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 02, 2010, 05:56:39 PM

honostly I don't know whats going on here, if it's a friendly little joke I'll laugh. anyway, sorry to get off topic, you may get back on that.  ;)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: alex wittman on December 02, 2010, 11:13:41 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 02, 2010, 05:56:39 PM

honostly I don't know whats going on here, if it's a friendly little joke I'll laugh. anyway, sorry to get off topic, you may get back on that.  ;)
Again Sorry for my off topicness :P

The Chaz Storm

I was thinking about making a thread for this or including it in my Duck and Trevor thread...but that may have been a stretch. IMO  So I'm going to talk about my new suggestion for Bachmann in terms of rolling stock.  Since the main engine I want to see is Duck and accessory Trevor, here is my main hope for rolling stock....

The Red Branchline coaches!

Both Composite and brake coach!

Now I have some decent information about why the red coaches should be made, both profit wise and popularity wise. 

First of all the red coaches have been used in every season past season 2.  Out of all the classic engines from #1-11 have pulled the red coaches (except for Gordon).  So making the red coaches would be a really great addition as they seem to look nice by being pulled with any engine.  (Especially engines like Edward, James, and even Duck and Oliver)! 

Also the red express coaches have been discontinued...  This means we are only left with Annie and Clarabel, Henrietta, Emily's coaches, and the green express coaches.  The red coaches would make a great variety in the coaches for the TTTE range.  So it seems like a very appropriate replacement for the original red express coaches by Bachmann. 

Plus I feel that the red coaches are completely underrated... The only range that's really bothered to make them were tomy/trackmaster.  I sure hope that if Bachmann announces Duck and Oliver that we get the red coaches for rolling stock to go along with them...along with Toad obviously.

Plus making two different coaches is easy.  The brake coach is obviously different compared to the composite coach as shown here:

So all in all, I'd say that these coaches would look awesome by Bachmann and the sales will shine like gold.  I certainly hope to see this nice addition to Bachmann's HO Thomas range in the near future. 

Thank you everyone, and I wish everyone on Bachmann a merry Christmas this year. :)

Cheeky_ULP

Good read Charlie, and I agree. Thomas, Emily, and Gordon have their own coaches. It seems a bit odd that the other engines don't have coaches of their own.

shining time

i made the yellow coaches from three annies modified for James as in the bootlace episode
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways