News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas for 2011 ideas

Started by thomasrosiefan1, September 05, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fighter4luv

They're the coaches I was thinking of... but couldn't remember the episodes they were in. It's been a while. I just started watching season 1 on DVD a few days ago :P but would love to see the red coaches make an appearance :)

PasqualeCS96

Im just putting this out there but there is already a thread for this along with BoCo. Just saying.

fighter4luv

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 04, 2010, 08:23:50 AM
Im just putting this out there but there is already a thread for this along with BoCo. Just saying.
This thread was here before that other one... someone is doubling up. We were here first! LOL :P
I saw the list that Jordie2707 posted... that's a lot to ask for, for 2011... the topic should've been "future Bachman Thomas ideas" or something :)

Sodor Perfection

Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
I was thinking about making a thread for this or including it in my Duck and Trevor thread...but that may have been a stretch. IMO  So I'm going to talk about my new suggestion for Bachmann in terms of rolling stock.  Since the main engine I want to see is Duck and accessory Trevor, here is my main hope for rolling stock....

The Red Branchline coaches!

Both Composite and brake coach!

Now I have some decent information about why the red coaches should be made, both profit wise and popularity wise. 

First of all the red coaches have been used in every season past season 2.  Out of all the classic engines from #1-11 have pulled the red coaches (except for Gordon).  So making the red coaches would be a really great addition as they seem to look nice by being pulled with any engine.  (Especially engines like Edward, James, and even Duck and Oliver)! 

Also the red express coaches have been discontinued...  This means we are only left with Annie and Clarabel, Henrietta, Emily's coaches, and the green express coaches.  The red coaches would make a great variety in the coaches for the TTTE range.  So it seems like a very appropriate replacement for the original red express coaches by Bachmann. 

Plus I feel that the red coaches are completely underrated... The only range that's really bothered to make them were tomy/trackmaster.  I sure hope that if Bachmann announces Duck and Oliver that we get the red coaches for rolling stock to go along with them...along with Toad obviously.

Plus making two different coaches is easy.  The brake coach is obviously different compared to the composite coach as shown here:

So all in all, I'd say that these coaches would look awesome by Bachmann and the sales will shine like gold.  I certainly hope to see this nice addition to Bachmann's HO Thomas range in the near future. 

I had a go at making the red branch line coaches, please see the link for pictures.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7871.0.html

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Sodor Perfection on December 04, 2010, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: Chaz on December 03, 2010, 08:19:22 PM
I was thinking about making a thread for this or including it in my Duck and Trevor thread...but that may have been a stretch. IMO  So I'm going to talk about my new suggestion for Bachmann in terms of rolling stock.  Since the main engine I want to see is Duck and accessory Trevor, here is my main hope for rolling stock....

The Red Branchline coaches!

Both Composite and brake coach!

Now I have some decent information about why the red coaches should be made, both profit wise and popularity wise. 

First of all the red coaches have been used in every season past season 2.  Out of all the classic engines from #1-11 have pulled the red coaches (except for Gordon).  So making the red coaches would be a really great addition as they seem to look nice by being pulled with any engine.  (Especially engines like Edward, James, and even Duck and Oliver)! 

Also the red express coaches have been discontinued...  This means we are only left with Annie and Clarabel, Henrietta, Emily's coaches, and the green express coaches.  The red coaches would make a great variety in the coaches for the TTTE range.  So it seems like a very appropriate replacement for the original red express coaches by Bachmann. 

Plus I feel that the red coaches are completely underrated... The only range that's really bothered to make them were tomy/trackmaster.  I sure hope that if Bachmann announces Duck and Oliver that we get the red coaches for rolling stock to go along with them...along with Toad obviously.

Plus making two different coaches is easy.  The brake coach is obviously different compared to the composite coach as shown here:

So all in all, I'd say that these coaches would look awesome by Bachmann and the sales will shine like gold.  I certainly hope to see this nice addition to Bachmann's HO Thomas range in the near future. 

I had a go at making the red branch line coaches, please see the link for pictures.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7871.0.html

I saw them, great job as always. :)  But I thought it wouldn't hurt if I threw in that suggestion to Bachmann, just to see how they'd turn out. 

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 04, 2010, 08:23:50 AM

And...?

Listen, if we're asking for the same thing from Bachmann don't you think that's more of a good thing then a bad thing?  We're all here for the same reason right? ;)  Plus, even if you posted something about Duck in this thread or anywhere on the board I'd support it 100%.  We're all on the same team here, this isn't a competition.

PasqualeCS96

I know im just saying their is already a topic dedicated to this. You know what Whatever, disregard everything I posted.

Red coaches for 2011 is a great idea ;)

fighter4luv

I was also just thinking, we need to see some stations... Edward's station... etc. and I'd love to see one of the gate crossings that show up constantly in the show :)

SodorAdventures

Quote from: fighter4luv on December 08, 2010, 07:20:46 AM
I was also just thinking, we need to see some stations... Edward's station... etc. and I'd love to see one of the gate crossings that show up constantly in the show :)

Yea, If only. One problem. When they make scenery, they tend to make it bigger than realistic, so even if they did(WHICH WOULD BE SO COOL "HINT HINT") it wouldn't be a seller for experienced thomas fans.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PasqualeCS96

I agree 100% but the thing is Bachmann has taken non-Thomas buildings, painted them, and called them Thomas Buildings. Who knows what they would do for stations. But...there is Tidmouth sheds now, so maybe on new buildings.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 08, 2010, 03:16:29 PM
I agree 100% but the thing is Bachmann has taken non-Thomas buildings, painted them, and called them Thomas Buildings. Who knows what they would do for stations. But...there is Tidmouth sheds now, so maybe on new buildings.
And there is Knapford station. We still have that to wait for. If we got another station I would think it would Maithwaite or Maron, since those two and Knapford are the three mostly seen stations in the newer series. But who knows. Maybe Bachmann will surprise us  ;)

The Chaz Storm

I think literally the only the only things on my wishlist that I'd really like to see the most are what me and Sparks suggested for 2011. 

Duck
Red branchline coaches
Trevor
Breakdown Train and works unit coach

Though if any other engine would make a perfect addition to go along with Duck...I still say it's Diesel. :)

PerfectPercy

If I were to think of the most common stations..... Hmm...

From most likely to least (from my perspective):
Maithwaite
Maron
Sodor Airport (?) (Might count as a station in some considerations...)
Town Hall Station (If that is even what it's called)
Wellsworth
Lower Tidmouth
Tidmouth
Suddery
Kirkronan
Tidmouth Halt
Crovan's Gate
Cronk
Vicarstown

He. He. Did I miss any? ::) :P

Wait this is a wishlist, so.....

Before we see more scenery like this, we need rolling stock and engines to accompany them first. *(fake) cough* Duck, Diesel, and the Red Branch Line Coaches *(real) cough*(... then sick, then bed ridden...)

There's also Chaz and Sparks' list in general, which incorporate some items of necessity:

Quote from: Chaz on December 08, 2010, 09:07:25 PM
I think literally the only the only things on my wishlist that I'd really like to see the most are what me and Sparks suggested for 2011.  

Duck
Red branchline coaches
Trevor
Breakdown Train and works unit coach

Though if any other engine would make a perfect addition to go along with Duck...I still say it's Diesel. :)

Cheers ;D

shining time

what about the sodor mail van, bulgy, caroline, trevor, bulstrode, the sodor fire truck, etc.
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PasqualeCS96

Trevor yes, everything else ertl ot take-along

PerfectPercy

Quote from: shining time on December 09, 2010, 06:32:57 PM
what about the sodor mail van, bulgy, caroline, trevor, bulstrode, the sodor fire truck, etc.

In all honestly, from my perspective, I think that Duck should be released before Bulgy or Bulstrode or Caroline. He was introduced first. He is one of the classic steam team engines.