News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Thomas for 2011 ideas

Started by thomasrosiefan1, September 05, 2010, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

In my personal opinion, unless you paint them the right colors, the Hornby red coaches are better.

shining time

man i hoped they would make fred and rickity, it wouild be less of a problem for me to find a good face for both to make my own. oh well back to the drawing board.
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

PasqualeCS96

Since before Thanksgiving I have been trying to make my own snow plows but alas it can never work. Thats why Im proposing that for 2011, Bachmann should produce a seperate snow plow for their HO Thomas Models. A blue one like in the Christmas Thoma set and or a silver plow. Maybe even a Donald and Douglas like snow plow.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 24, 2010, 12:32:16 PM
Since before Thanksgiving I have been trying to make my own snow plows but alas it can never work. Thats why Im proposing that for 2011, Bachmann should produce a seperate snow plow for their HO Thomas Models. A blue one like in the Christmas Thoma set and or a silver plow. Maybe even a Donald and Douglas like snow plow.
Same here, but I think folding a piece of paper may work, and cutting it and taping it, and it should look okay.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Bluecoatscheesypoofs

I think Bachmann is mainly interested in releasing older/main charactors before they release new charactors. Hope fully i am correct.
                                                                           Matt Wilson

fighter4luv

Quote from: Bluecoatscheesypoofs on December 28, 2010, 01:25:21 AM
I think Bachmann is mainly interested in releasing older/main charactors before they release new charactors. Hope fully i am correct.
                                                                           Matt Wilson
Just the main characters from the first couple of seasons are all that matter to me :)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: SodorAdventures on December 24, 2010, 12:38:04 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 24, 2010, 12:32:16 PM
Same here, but I think folding a piece of paper may work, and cutting it and taping it, and it should look okay.
I dont like taping them on to the modl because I dont want to pull of the paint on the model.

JD417

fighter4luv

Quote from: JD417 on December 29, 2010, 01:17:49 PM
try blu-tak  :)
Why not. The proper show used to to stick people to the ground in "The Sad Story of Henry" so why not use it for other things :P

SodorAdventures

Quote from: fighter4luv on December 30, 2010, 06:34:18 AM
Quote from: JD417 on December 29, 2010, 01:17:49 PM
try blu-tak  :)
Why not. The proper show used to to stick people to the ground in "The Sad Story of Henry" so why not use it for other things :P

With Blue-tak or regular tape. Regular tape wont damage the models. They are plastic....

PasqualeCS96

If you were to put tape on your Thomas model wouldnt the red stripes come right off? The are chipping off on my model and I dont know why. I was thinking of using a red sharpie marker and using it to the best of my abilities and make new stripes.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 30, 2010, 09:00:55 AM
If you were to put tape on your Thomas model wouldnt the red stripes come right off? The are chipping off on my model and I dont know why. I was thinking of using a red sharpie marker and using it to the best of my abilities and make new stripes.

I have good reason to generally agree. I made my attempts to put James up to his full TV specs and after painting his wheels and his smoke-box black, his wheel arches were without their black stripes... I was furious and I still am about that. I also have a Thomas with wearing red stripes. I wish there was a way to fix this stripe problem without ripping out the Sharpie and drawing on the model like it was a blank sheet of paper. ::) I tried painting them back on and using masking tape to make fine lines, but the paint still went on its way and it was a mess. If there was only a way... (And for dramatic effects)  :'(

SodorAdventures

News in: I just put tape on and pulled it off my model a few time and it stayed perfect. Actually, better(well,...)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: SodorAdventures on December 30, 2010, 11:30:31 PM
News in: I just put tape on and pulled it off my model a few time and it stayed perfect. Actually, better(well,...)
What do you mean by that?

SodorAdventures

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on December 31, 2010, 10:28:04 AM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on December 30, 2010, 11:30:31 PM
What do you mean by that?

I was joking, it couldn't be better. But nothing happened to it.