Quote from: BillingsRR on January 04, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on January 03, 2011, 09:57:15 PM
Quote from: BillingsRR on January 03, 2011, 06:37:50 PM
for 2011 in the Large Scale line i could see

Emily
Emily's coaches
a van of some sort
and a few more pieces of rolling stock

I dont see Edward, Gorden, and Henry. Maybe Edward, but not Gorden and Henry. James is about a $300 engine. Gordon and Henry are about twice his size, being $600 engines, maybe even more. So they are out of the question I belive. Edward is a better candidate because he would be a similar cost to James. Emily is on the list because many little girls are hopeing for Emily, as well as some grown men. The grown ups like the "style and detail to the engine". I think she would be next because the girls need a toy aswell. Trains aren't just for boys. I have an interesting story about a woman who's father didn't let her play with trains because he thought they were for boys and boys alone. "But thats another story"
Well, Gordon and Henry aren't a whole lot bigger. They're big, don't get me wrong, but $600 is a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of $400-$450. Maybe $500, but I doubt it.

I've been watching the LS line for a while, and Henry and Gordon will be around $600. If you look at similar LS engines, that is their cost. Lets see a 4-6-0 is about $375, and James is I think $350. OK James is a 2-6-0, one less wheel. Gorden is a 4-6-2(?) or a 2-6-2(?) and is also twice the size of James. Think of Gordon like the K-27. he would be around that size, same with Henry. And that is an expensive engine. Now Henry and Gordon won't have the battery stuff installed, but the sizes and wheel configurations are almost the same.

Maybe the PLASTIC they make the models out of is cheaper than a Detailed Large scale. But, maybe only 4 of Gordon's driving wheel instead of 6 or 8(how could I forget???) You know, because they WILL make gordon and henry at SOME POINT, and when they do they wont make above 450 to 500 AT THE MOST. See what I say?
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

fighter4luv

I was just thinking, there aren't any proper buffers available in the Bachmann E-Z track range to match those that were used in the Thomas series. Would love to see something like that available. The single buffer that around at the moment just doesn't seem right.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: fighter4luv on January 05, 2011, 07:27:09 AM
I was just thinking, there aren't any proper buffers available in the Bachmann E-Z track range to match those that were used in the Thomas series. Would love to see something like that available. The single buffer that around at the moment just doesn't seem right.

Very true. But they arnt too hard to make. Well, I dont know how, but they seem fairly simple...   (DISCLAIMER: I COULD BE EXTREMELY WRONG) I would still like to see them. Why not!

BillingsRR

Quote from: SodorAdventures on January 04, 2011, 08:31:31 PM

Emily
Emily's coaches
a van of some sort

I dont see Edward, Gorden, and Henry. Maybe Edward, but not Gorden and Henry. James is about a $300 engine. Gordon and Henry are about twice his size, being $600 engines, maybe even more. So they are out of the question I belive. Edward is a better candidate because he would be a similar cost to James. Emily is on the list because many little girls are hopeing for Emily, as well as some grown men. The grown ups like the "style and detail to the engine". I think she would be next because the girls need a toy aswell. Trains aren't just for boys. I have an interesting story about a woman who's father didn't let her play with trains because he thought they were for boys and boys alone. "But thats another story"
Well, Gordon and Henry aren't a whole lot bigger. They're big, don't get me wrong, but $600 is a little bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of $400-$450. Maybe $500, but I doubt it.

I've been watching the LS line for a while, and Henry and Gordon will be around $600. If you look at similar LS engines, that is their cost. Lets see a 4-6-0 is about $375, and James is I think $350. OK James is a 2-6-0, one less wheel. Gorden is a 4-6-2(?) or a 2-6-2(?) and is also twice the size of James. Think of Gordon like the K-27. he would be around that size, same with Henry. And that is an expensive engine. Now Henry and Gordon won't have the battery stuff installed, but the sizes and wheel configurations are almost the same.

Maybe the PLASTIC they make the models out of is cheaper than a Detailed Large scale. But, maybe only 4 of Gordon's driving wheel instead of 6 or 8(how could I forget???) You know, because they WILL make gordon and henry at SOME POINT, and when they do they wont make above 450 to 500 AT THE MOST. See what I say?

There is no need to yell. :-\

If James, who is made of plastic, is $25 less than a METAL engine, what makes you think Henry and Gordon will be $450-$500 if James is only $25 cheaper. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Henry and Gordon will be around $600 if they are ever released. No one said B'mann must make any engine, they can cancel an announcement when every they would like. Thomas fans don't control the company. Edward, Emily, and Toby will most likely come before Henry and Gordon, if they are ever made. Emily is the best choice to be the next LS engine because the girls need a character. Lets not forget the parent activist group who was going to sue the show because there were no female main characters. That is how Emily was created. Therefore, so B'mann avoids the same problems, I think Emily is a good choice. The little girls I've seen at Longwood Gardens have asked the employees and volunteers multiple times "How come Emily is not here, but Percy is. Where is the girl train?" This means the girls are waiting for a LS Emily, opening the market to more people. I've also said before a few grown men would buy Emily because she has a beautiful model. It would be the only Stirling Single LS, G scale, or G gauge engine out in America. Again Emily is a good choice.
-BRR

branmas

um, isn't this gonna end in a bickering match. let brr want what he wants. brr is allowed to want Emily, so let him.

tomtomica2

What about a normal nowplough ??? For the ho range instead of buying the Christmas Set !
That would be a great idea :)

WTierce1

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 05, 2011, 05:10:28 PM

Emily
Emily's coaches
a van of some sort

If James, who is made of plastic, is $25 less than a METAL engine, what makes you think Henry and Gordon will be $450-$500 if James is only $25 cheaper. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Henry and Gordon will be around $600 if they are ever released. No one said B'mann must make any engine, they can cancel an announcement when every they would like. Thomas fans don't control the company. Edward, Emily, and Toby will most likely come before Henry and Gordon, if they are ever made. Emily is the best choice to be the next LS engine because the girls need a character. Lets not forget the parent activist group who was going to sue the show because there were no female main characters. That is how Emily was created. Therefore, so B'mann avoids the same problems, I think Emily is a good choice. The little girls I've seen at Longwood Gardens have asked the employees and volunteers multiple times "How come Emily is not here, but Percy is. Where is the girl train?" This means the girls are waiting for a LS Emily, opening the market to more people. I've also said before a few grown men would buy Emily because she has a beautiful model. It would be the only Stirling Single LS, G scale, or G gauge engine out in America. Again Emily is a good choice.
-BRR
I don't think bachmann will screw Gordan up and give him 4 drivers.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

SodorAdventures

Quote from: wtierce on January 05, 2011, 05:47:01 PM

Emily
Emily's coaches
a van of some sort

-BRR
I don't think bachmann will screw Gordan up and give him 4 drivers.

Not what I said, they will still give him the wheels, but only make 4 for driving and I bet you they wont
be sold for over 500 dollars. People wont play that much. And emily too will be around 500, I would bet. And BRR, I WASNT YELLING! I was capitalizing

Anthony P2

Emily
Emily's coaches
a van of some sort

-BRR

yes we know Emily should be made. don't get me wrong but she has the same chance as, lets say Edward for example. and you say if bachmann ever made Gordon or Henry, they would be close to $600, because they're big tender engines. guess who else is a big tender engine, Emily.  so that means she would also be close to $600. and if you want one really bad why don't you make one?

BillingsRR

Anthony P2

It is true Emily has a big tender, but the engine is not big. Her engine is about the same as James with a Larger tender. Edward or Toby may take her spot. Maybe Mavis if it is easier for B'mann to make. Rosie is also a popular female engine and may be made instead of Emily aswell.

The Chaz Storm

Honestly I see Mavis having more of a chance coming out in large scale then Emily.  Smaller character, and all the same seems to be a major character throughout the whole series.  She'd be a great seller if she came out with or without Toby.

branmas

okay, here are my guesses of what will be realeased:                                                                                                              duck: life is great guys, isn't it? having DUMB models or not having a model at all.                                                                                Oliver:yep.                                                                                                                                                                                   toad:you bet Mr duck.                                                                                                                                                                 diesel:awesome.                                                                                                                                                                           thomas pulls in with old slowcoach                                                                                                                                                                thomas:okay guys. ready to hear the 2011 bachmann announcements?                                                                                   duck:*sigh* :(  yes.                                                                                                                                                                      the bachman climbs out of old slowcoach                                                                                                                                                                              the bachman:okay. the ho scale thomas and friends engines are duck, Oliver , diesel and redesigned thomas.                      duck:WHAT?!                                                                                                                         
Oliver:WHAT?!                                                                                                                                                                          diesel:WHAT?!                                                                                                                                                                          thomas:I'm glad that i get redesigned. thanks bachman.                                                                                                       the bachmann:your welcome thomas. now the ho scale thomas and friends rolling stock is old slow coach,red branchline coaches and toad.                                                                                                                                                                       
toad:WHAT?!
old slow coach:WHAT?!
that's all i'm posting. fell free to share one and tell me what you think

BillingsRR

@Chaz

Mavis might do well because she has been around since the begining.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Anthony P2 on January 05, 2011, 06:19:26 PM
yes we know Emily should be made. don't get me wrong but she has the same chance as, lets say Edward for example. and you say if bachmann ever made Gordon or Henry, they would be close to $600, because they're big tender engines. guess who else is a big tender engine, Emily.  so that means she would also be close to $600. and if you want one really bad why don't you make one?

$100 difference is not that great if you think about it. Either way they will be pretty expensive. I'm glad I model in HO. ;) I put my money (bets anyone?) on Toby, Diesel, or Mavis.

I honestly think Toby has a great chance of being an LS model. He wouldn't be as expensive as James. I don't know who would even buy James. Does anyone plan on spending several hundreds of dollars (or whatever currency you use) on him? I'm not trying to talk badly about LS James, but I figure that the price is just so high for... well, a toy.

If you get down to the basics, the Thomas range by Bachmann is really meant to be a range of toys. They are great all the same, as any toy has the ability to be, but the prices are getting steep in some areas.

Cheers,

PerfectP

BillingsRR

Quote from: PerfectPercy on January 05, 2011, 08:09:30 PM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on January 05, 2011, 06:19:26 PM
yes we know Emily should be made. don't get me wrong but she has the same chance as, lets say Edward for example. and you say if bachmann ever made Gordon or Henry, they would be close to $600, because they're big tender engines. guess who else is a big tender engine, Emily.  so that means she would also be close to $600. and if you want one really bad why don't you make one?

$100 difference is not that great if you think about it. Either way they will be pretty expensive. I'm glad I model in HO. ;) I put my money (bets anyone?) on Toby, Diesel, or Mavis.

I honestly think Toby has a great chance of being an LS model. He wouldn't be as expensive as James. I don't know who would even buy James. Does anyone plan on spending several hundreds of dollars (or whatever currency you use) on him? I'm not trying to talk badly about LS James, but I figure that the price is just so high for... well, a toy.

If you get down to the basics, the Thomas range by Bachmann is really meant to be a range of toys. They are great all the same, as any toy has the ability to be, but the prices are getting steep in some areas.

Cheers,

PerfectP

I believe you are wrong. At Longwood Gardens Thomas and Percy, and when he comes out James, run 8 and 12 hour days. They are not toys there, they are there to entertain the young kids when they visit the Garden Railroad. They are there to get the job done. Longwood has 6 Thomases and 2 Percys. If one Thomas goes out, a new one is put on the rails and they old one is repaired. Longwood isn't the only place Thomas runs long days. He was the the NY Botanical Gardens and the Big Tree thing down in D.C. James was introduced because he is one of the main 3 engines, and has been for decades. I understand James is expensive, but if you look at the Big Haulers, they are expensive as well. And a parent with a child who likes trains will pick James over the Big Hauler because he is on Thomas & Friends.