News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hon3 E-Z Track

Started by WTierce1, September 23, 2010, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTierce1

I think that if bachmann came out with Hon3 Gauge E-Z track they could make some money. I would like to have some Hon3 scale trains but no company makes any trake even similar to E-Z track in Hon3 Gauge. I think it would be very convenient. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME REPLIES.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

mabloodhound

Is HOn3 the same as N gauge?  If so, there is snap track out there made by another company who I won't name here.   But it's good stuff.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

WTierce1

No it is a little bit bigger

richg

Quote from: wtierce on September 23, 2010, 09:47:44 AM
I think that if bachmann came out with Hon3 Gauge E-Z track they could make some money. I would like to have some Hon3 scale trains but no company makes any trake even similar to E-Z track in Hon3 Gauge. I think it would be very convenient. WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME REPLIES.

Dream on. Not going to happen. HOn3 is a niche market,
If you think it is worth it, try to start a company and let us know the results.

Rich

ABC

Quote from: wtierce on September 23, 2010, 09:47:44 AM
I think that if bachmann came out with Hon3 Gauge E-Z track they could make some money.
They would probably "make some money," but not enough to justify making anything in HOn3. In order for Bachmann to justify making something they need to project excellent sales and huge profits because they are getting along just fine and a small profit margin will only tie up their resources and be somewhat detrimental. Just like Rich said if you are so confident it's a great idea, why don't you try it and see if you can make it work.

Joe323

Quote from: mabloodhound on September 23, 2010, 10:06:52 AM
Is HOn3 the same as N gauge?  If so, there is snap track out there made by another company who I won't name here.   But it's good stuff.

I also  thought HOn3 runs on N track anyway Am I wrong? 

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

N track is 9mm gauge, x 87.1(HO scale factor) = 783.9mm, /25.4mm per inch = 30.86" gauge.

Ignoring the tie spacing, I'd say that N track would work well for HOn30".

However, that scale/gauge combo is not yet recognized by the NMRA:

http://nmra.org/standards/sandrp/pdf/S-3.2%202010.02.24.pdf

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

jward

joe,
HOn30 or HOn2 1/2 has been around for quite awhile no matter what nmra says.
the old ahm minitrains line was HOn30 and first appeared in the late 1960s.

my take on HOn3 is that it primarily interests those who are craftsmen who build most of their own buildings and track. they would not be interested in train set type track.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RBMN #425 Fan

actually, N scale track is 9mm, and HOn3 is 10mm (give or take)
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

Doneldon

Although the math isn't precise, N-scale is used for HOn30 and HOn3 has its own track. I don't know that prototypical tie spacing varied consistently between the two gauges.
                                                                                                                      -- D

CNE Runner

I just checked the Walthers website and there are lots of items in the HOn3 genre. Micro Engineering makes a whole line of HOn3 track products...although nothing like EZtrack. You might want to check the Walthers site more thoroughly than I have.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

WTierce1