News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams SD 45 # 4208

Started by corp5382, September 26, 2010, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corp5382

I recently purchased a Williams SD 45, # 4208.  I would like to add a horn and bell, since it does not come equipped with either.  Any recommendations about adding the aforementioned items, and which systems are most compatible with early Williams locomotives?    Thanks

r0gruth

Unless it is very old ,made in the 1900s,there should be a horn and bell.

WBB has a sound system available.
Roger

phillyreading

Unless it is a very old Williams it should have at least a horn in it. ;D Williams has been around for almost 25 years before selling to Bachmann.
The new True Blast 2 horn units have both horn & bell in them, however you can only access one at a time. :-X
The other thing to consider would be is there enuff room inside the SD-45 shell to install a horn unit if it don't have one?

Lee F.

phillyreading

Speaking of SD-45's, I am missing a set of weights that attach to the frame. Does anybody know where I can buy a set of weights? Also looking for metal unflanged wheels for a Williams SD-40 or SD-45.

Lee F.

GTBob

Quote from: phillyreading on September 28, 2010, 01:30:18 PM
Speaking of SD-45's, I am missing a set of weights that attach to the frame. Does anybody know where I can buy a set of weights? Also looking for metal unflanged wheels for a Williams SD-40 or SD-45.

Lee F.

The weights are just pieces lead that pretty much fill the hollowed out fuel tank.  I'd check w/ my local hardware store or fishing supply shop.  Can't help w/ the wheels.

Good luck,

Bob
"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

phillyreading

Bob,

The weights that I am referring to get attached with a machine screw inside the floor of the frame of an SD-45. The Williams F-7's that I bought have the weight inside the fuel tank area.
Maybe I can add some magnets I have from Radio Shack, part number 64-1888, one & an eight inch ceramic magnets.

Lee F.