News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

three truck 80 ton shay

Started by alex wittman, October 15, 2010, 07:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

Dear Bachmann,

I was looking for an undecorated wood cab shay with three trucks, the problem is that I can't afford the ones with DCC and Sound, maybe only DCC but it's out of my budget. did your company ever make standard DC locomotives by chance. if not can I run DCC and Sound on a DC layout? some DCC equipped locos do.

thanks,

Al

ABC

You can buy the loco you want then sell the sound decoder on ebay to cut down on the costs of the loco. Bachmann did make DCC ready 3 truck shay locos about 5 or 6 years back, but the only place you would be able to get them now is ebay, but there are not any unlettered wood cab versions. One was sold yesterday on ebay for $135, see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Spectrum-81901-SHAY-Unltrd-80-ton-3-truck-Wood-Cab-/260674855628?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item3cb16ea2cc
For a new old stock DCC ready (DC) one be prepared to pay $135 to $150, but if you buy one of these you will need to buy NWSL gears for the loco because this loco will have gear trouble. I have seen the new sound version available from online retailers for as low as $275.

bobwrgt

Check TRAINWORLD they have them listed for $119.00.

Bob

alex wittman