News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New coupler

Started by inkaneer, October 16, 2010, 09:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkaneer

When is the new coupler going to be made available as a separate item?  Woll there be a "T" shanl version?  How anbout a short shank version? 

inkaneer

This does not look good.  A week has gone by and no response from Mr. Bachmann.   This does not look good.

the Bach-man

Dear Ink,
Sorry- I'm away at a show and info is hard to get. I'll let  you know when get a definitive answer.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

inkaneer

While you are at it how about finding out if the new coupler will be offered with a coupler box and  a short shank version as well as a "T" shank.   If not, we might as well stick with the McHenry's as we don't need a clone.

the Bach-man

Dear Ink,
The new couplers are being applied to new equipment. They should be individually available sometime next year.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

keithwarltier

Dear. Mr. Bach-Man, Given the 1st post in the 'New N scale coupler pics' topic, March 14, 2010, and the reply #7, March 19, 2010, said 'later this year', given your reply #2, June 27, 2010, to the 'N scale couplers' topic said 'Look for them soon at your dealer' and given you have the couplers, could you please tell us why are we waiting?  We need the new couplers to have fun.  All the best, Keith 

johnTom

Speaking of Mc Henry couplers I believe they are manufactured only in ho-scale and not N-SCALE.
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

the Bach-man

Dear Keith,
New  equipment is arriving, but some production has been pushed into next year. The couplers will be applied first to new locos and rolling stock, then packaged for separate sale.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

skipgear

Quote from: johnTom on October 27, 2010, 02:55:03 PM
Speaking of Mc Henry couplers I believe they are manufactured only in ho-scale and not N-SCALE.

Mc Henry has offered an N scale coupler for a little over a year. Samples were handed out at the N Scale convention in Louisville 2008.

I'll second a need for a T-shank version of this or the Bachmann coupler, in various lengths. It would solve a lot of problems.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

termite

I'd be in for a couple of dozen, at least ;D

inkaneer

Quote from: the Bach-man on October 25, 2010, 09:24:20 PM
Dear Ink,
The new couplers are being applied to new equipment. They should be individually available sometime next year.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

But will they be available with a "T" shank, a coupler box, and/or different shank lengths?   Like I said before we do not need a clone of the McHenry N Scale coupler. Yes, McHenry does make an N scale coupler but with no coupler box, no "T" shank and only one shank length [the same length as the MT and Accumate couplers].   It is good only as a replacement for MT's or Accumates.   That is why I said we do not need a clone of the McHenry coupler.   

keithwarltier

Dear Ink, 
For a start we need to get our hands on just one pair of operating couplers that will fit an NMRA box.  Could you please time your concerns so as to not frighten the horses.
Regards,
Keith

skipgear

Quote from: keithwarltier on November 05, 2010, 02:47:54 AM
Dear Ink, 
For a start we need to get our hands on just one pair of operating couplers that will fit an NMRA box.  Could you please time your concerns so as to not frighten the horses.
Regards,
Keith

Just what exactly is "and NMRA box"? There is no NMRA standard for a coupler box in N scale that I know of. Right now it seems to boil down to MTL 1015/Accumate box or T-shank. MTL, Accumate, McHenry and a few others fit the MTL/Accumate box just fine, it's the T-shank that many many cars still have that is the issue. MTL has the 1030 series of coupler for T-shanks but they are not the best solution. A McHenry or Bachmann style knuckle with a T-shank would be a godsend to retrofitting older equipment. Currently all Bachmann N rolling stock still uses T-shank in their truck mounted coupler box so either they have retooled all their trucks or there is a T-shank on the horizon. We just want to know which is the case.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

keithwarltier

Dear Ink,
I meant to say NMRA coupler pocket and was referring to the pockets on the 'new locos and rolling stock' in Reply #7 from Mr. Bach-man.
Cheers,
Keith 

keithwarltier

Dear Mr. Bach-mann,
Was the HO Scale E-Z Mate Mark II coupler range built up over time to the present range of 10 styles, namely short, medium and long of center shank, over shank, and under shank, and NEM?

Would you expect the N Scale version to follow a similar path?
Regards,
Keith