News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Information on my NOS Porter?

Started by Mr. T., October 18, 2010, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. T.

I recently picked up a NOS Porter; the price was an offer I couldn't refuse.  ;D

I assume it's a "Pre Spectrum" product; the model number is 11398 (I can't find any information on it on the Net).

There was no documentation of any sort in the sealed package.

Can anybody give me an idea how old it is, or at least give me an idea of how long ago it was replaced by the Spectrum version?  ???

Being older, I assume that there's no nice handy DCC connector in there anyplace. I'm thinking that one of the side tanks is the place to stash a decoder, but I'd appreciate any advice from folks who have successfully installed a decoder in one of these beasties.  8)

Gavno the Ugly

Rule #1 - There's no such thing as owning too many sections of straight track!

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Radio Monitoring Station & Irish Setter Retirement Home

Afficionado of Women's Flat Track Roller Derby, Kilts,  Sidecar Motorcycles, and other eclectic effluvia

Loco Bill

Your undecorated 0-4-0 Porter was first out in Fall of 1997. It was in the catalog in 1997 1998 & 2000. 

The later Spectrum versions came out in 2003.

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

Mr. T.

THANKS Bill!!!     ;D

The information was right on the money!

Mr. T. / Gavno the Ugly
Rule #1 - There's no such thing as owning too many sections of straight track!

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Radio Monitoring Station & Irish Setter Retirement Home

Afficionado of Women's Flat Track Roller Derby, Kilts,  Sidecar Motorcycles, and other eclectic effluvia

Doneldon

T-

I put a decoder in that loco and it worked like a charm.  There's A LOT of room there.  Sound is a little more complicated but you can put the speaker in the ceiling of the cab, firing down.
                                                                                                                       -- D