News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

O scale figures & accesories

Started by jerryl, October 19, 2010, 01:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melinda

I agree - steam era figures (appropriate for use with On30) would be great!

Bucksco

The Scenescapes figure line will be expanding in the future and we will certainly keep these requests in mind!

lvrr325

Doesn't Bachmann already have dies for some O-scale people from the Plasticville line?  I see a guy with a ton of older stuff at a train show over the weekend and he had some that look just like bigger versions of the HO ones.

What -would- be nice is some engineers and fireman made specifically to fit in the cabs of the various On30 steam engines.  I bought some Woodland Scenics engineers, but they're a tad big for the cabs and will need some "plastic" surgery to fit, particularly the inside frame 4-4-0, only the Forney has a big enough cab I don't think I'll have a problem using them.   

brad145

I just recently purchased 30 O-scale painted plastic sitting figures to put in my On30 passenger cars.  I ordered them through eBay from a Hong Kong company called WeHonest.   I was really skeptical about this transaction, but it turned out to be a good deal.   It took about three weeks coming from Hong Kong, but the figures came as advertised and at a good price.  The figures were approx. $27.00 and the shipping approx. $3.00 so it came to $30 for 30 figures.  They have a variety of figures in 'O' and others scales at affordable prices.  Check them out on eBay.   

tac

Uh, Dinky Toys were the ORIGINAL 1/43rd scale vehicle models to go with the British 0 scale trains - 1/43rd or 7mm to the foot scale.   Corgi were the same scale...

tac
www.ovgrs.org
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthourse Restoration Fund

lvrr325

That said there's a huge amount of variation in size of what's sold as 1/43rd scale today, I can put some of the newer releases next to a Dinky or Corgi and they look oversized.  I wish someone could put a bug into Round 2 LLC to reissue the AMT 1/43rd '36 Ford, '48 Ford, and '57 Chevy kits.  Theoretically they'd be a decent accurate car for a reasonable price.  (most of the rest of that series was late 60s muscle cars).  

Scott Gavin

Back in the 70's, Campbells Scale Models used to offer an HO figure called "Flexible Freddy", which had arms and legs that could be repositioned. It wasn't a very good figure. But, with the availability of various flexible rubbers, latexes and plastics today, I'd like to see a line of figures - men, women and children - that are flexible, maybe with wires inside, like Gumby. In a perfect world they might be available in dress of various vintages, too.