News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Stove flicker

Started by Sleeping Bear, October 21, 2010, 01:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping Bear

N.M.   Awhile back I read a post of yours, and I'm sure a few others, that suggested using LED flickering tea lights to add effect to the stove in a Bachmann passenger car. These posts , combined with the one on adding light to the brake mans lantern led me to try it... great idea, cut up a few tea lights and you get fire in the stove[providing you opened the stove] I used the whole thing except most of the outer case and it is switched and has its own battery that I can change with out dismantling the car. Great idea guys... I'll post pictures if I get any...going to try the lantern next...and maybe an attempt at tail lanterns... got a few now, bought 6 of them for 4.50 at K-mart today. A note..... the little flame shaped cover for the tea light works pretty good at hiding the fact that its not real flame, just cut around it and slide it down over the LED's....S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

NarrowMinded

Glade you got to try it, there is really no end to their uses, I just started building a burning cabin, I am going to put Cellophane inside hung loosely with a small electronics cooling fan to make it ripple, Disneyland used this same set up in the Pirates ride to simulate flames. I have a lot of projects right now with Xmas coming so I likely won't finish until January. But I'll post some video then

NM

jsmvmd

Dear Guys,

Great idea !  I am going to put one in the corner of my WF Christmas boxcar with a hobo figure for the kids to run.  (I suppose I should not tell you my artificial Xmas tree is still up from last year with Aristo brass track in my living room).  That said, we have fun.  It is now a bachelor pad, so I guess I can do what I durn well please !  Now that I am single, my pockets DO NOT jingle...

Best Wishes,

Jack