Bachmann H610X-OOAO1-1 Brill Trolley Power Truck

Started by on30critter, November 06, 2010, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on30critter

I purchased a H610X-OOAO1-1 Trolley power truck to use for an ON30 project. When I put the truck on the track with the power on it does not run. Am  I missing something? Do I need something else to make it work?

Joe Satnik

Dear critter,

My guess is that the red and black wire are track pickup wires. 

The yellow thingy attached to the 2 motor terminals is a small capacitor for rfi (radio frequency interference) suppression.     

If you wanted to wire directly to the motor (no control or lights circuit board):

1.) Temporarily connect the red wire to one of the motor terminals, the black wire to the other.

2.) Place a different DC powered loco on your track. 

3.) Slowly increase track power from zero.  Note its direction of travel (Left to right, or right to left), then decrease power to zero. 

4.) Remove the loco and place your power block on the track.  Increase power pack from zero and note its direction of travel, then decrease to zero.   

Both the power truck and the loco should have moved in the same direction.

a.) If they moved in the same direction, solder the pickup wires to the same motor terminals.

b.) If they moved in opposite directions, swap the red and black wires on the motor terminals before soldering.

c.) If the power block doesn't move at all, check that your temporary connections are making good contact.

Let us know how things worked out.   

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik     

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

on30critter

Thanks, I tried the connections and still no luck. The other loco worked just fine. Maybe I should send it back for a replacement.

Joe Satnik

Dear critter,

Spin the motor shaft with your fingers to see if the wheels turn..(geared way down, of course). 

Do you have some wires to jumper directly from the power pack to the 2 motor terminals?  See if that will spin the motor...

Troubleshooting beyond this you will need a Volt-Ohm meter (a.k.a. multi-meter).

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.