How about some new workers for the railroad!

Started by smcgill, November 12, 2010, 06:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smcgill

How about some new workers for the railroad!  ???
The original works are working way past retirement age !   ::)
Some from the 20'th century would be nice? :o
Sean

Mr. T.

At the same time, some HOBOS would be nice to add!   ;D

Mr. T.
Rule #1 - There's no such thing as owning too many sections of straight track!

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Radio Monitoring Station & Irish Setter Retirement Home

Afficionado of Women's Flat Track Roller Derby, Kilts,  Sidecar Motorcycles, and other eclectic effluvia

glennk28

How about a full-grqwn (1:20.3 proportioned)engineer""  You keep senmding  a 12-year-old kid with  the Spectrum locos--we're going to get in trouble with thhe child labor laws!  gj

Mr. T.

Another thing...

Not  to be overly PC or anything like that... but how about some Black railroad workers?

Bachmann's Big Hauler products seem to be roughly based on the 1880 - 1910 time frame, and people of color were DEFINITELY a part of railroading back then.

One of my Bachmann conductors got demoted to a Pullman porter for a service on a kitbashed "private varnish" coach, and a station agent got converted into a bartender on that same coach. I've gone over some of my firemen and assorted people with a paint brush too...  but it would be nice to have some of them come off the shelf reflecting reality and history.   
Rule #1 - There's no such thing as owning too many sections of straight track!

Owner & Operator of the Mahon Loomis Memorial Radio Monitoring Station & Irish Setter Retirement Home

Afficionado of Women's Flat Track Roller Derby, Kilts,  Sidecar Motorcycles, and other eclectic effluvia