News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

#18439 MA & PA BOBBER CABOOSE

Started by jim margerum, November 17, 2010, 12:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim margerum

Hello MR. B: Everyone that lists this caboose for sale shows a picture of a red caboose with MARYLAND & PENNSYLVANIA down and no road number. When you check with the sellers, they say that they have the newer SILVER SERIES unit and used the wrong picture. Was there ever the red, not brown, caboose produced. Someone said that the red caboose was a pre-production model only and never issued. I try to find this model at every flea market/ train show that I go to. Am I looking for something that never existed? I have undecorated units and decals that I can do my own, but I still want what I can't find! Thanks in advance, Jim

simkon

I went through some older wlathers catalogs...and this is the only version...

This is the pre-production sample...

jonathan

I have said caboose.  While there may be a reddish tint to it, it is definitely brown.  I have never seen a red one, but I'm pretty sure they made a red B&O bobber once-upon-a-time.

Mine is in the middle of a kitbashing/detailing project.  It won't be MA&PA, or brown, for much longer.

Regards,

Jonathan

jettrainfan

I've seen a red version at this little gift shop in north Olmsted ohio but i didn't see it last time i checked, they had 2 and i thing a Cass scenic railroad one and a blank (i bought that)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

simkon

They have ones with similar colors just not MA&PA.

jim margerum

Hello All: Thanks for the replys. My old WALTHERS catalogs are in storage on the other side of town. I had tried to look for the BOBBER under a TYCO or MANTUA old catalog web site with no luck. About half of every listing for the MA & PA caboose uses this other picture. It must have just been a promo shot, but it sure gets around! Thanks, Jim