News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wiring Accesories and feeders

Started by robcope, November 18, 2010, 10:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robcope

I want to use the ez command power pack for train operations.  My question is how do you provide power to the accesories, such as building lighting, switches and the plethera of other things that required power.  Also, do you power the feeders using your primary power pack.  My intention is to use switches that are DCC compliant.  I am ordering some books to help, but for some reason these areas are weighing heavily on my mind.  Thx again for being patient with me.  Please suggest the best books foe ez track layouts and wiring.

simkon

If using an E-Z Command, it is best to power accessories with a separate power source.

the Bach-man

Dear Rob,
t is, in fact, necessary to use an analog pack with AC terminals. An added bonus is the ability to use this pack as the analog train control, freeing address 10 for another DCC address.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

robcope

Since I have the Explorer train set already I did in fact intend to use the analog power pack with the ez command.  Will the ez command power pack power the DCC turnouts?  Then use the analog pack for lights?

Thx again

the Bach-man

Dear Rob,
Yes, that's correct.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

robcope

Thx to all of you, I feel like I am learning quite a bit.