News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Baldwin 4-6-0 Bachmann 514.. series

Started by charlii, November 23, 2010, 03:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlii

Mr. Bachmann:
Please update us as to the availability date of the N gauge 4-6-0 (10 wheeler).
BTW November 2010 will soon be over.
Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Charli,
They will be here in early December; certainly by Christmas.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jmlaboda

"They will be here in early December; certainly by Christmas."

>:(  Then maybe you should relate this information to your dealers.  Brooklyn Locomotive Works sent out an email yesterday saying that delivery for December is questionable.
Are you being honest about delivery?  Or is BLW's statement more of the fact.

This is what they had to say...

"Alot of Santas were hoping to have the new Bachmann GP-7's, 70 Ton Switchers, 4-6-0's and Streetcars announced for October delivery ... in time for holiday gift giving. We haven't been able to get a word from Bachmann, but Walthers has now listed 'arrival dates' as 'unknown'. "
jerry

Passenger Car Photo Index - ITS HUGE!!! 10,672 links added 2 August 2015!!!
The T1 Trust - building a NEW 1:1 scale PRR T1 one part at a time.

skipgear

Horizon just updated the shippng dates on the GP's and 70T to 12/16.  4-6-0's are 12/31 date, which usually means they know they are comming but don't know when.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

the Bach-man

Dear All,
My information is still December delivery.
I'll post here when they arrive.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

railtwister

Quote from: the Bach-man on December 04, 2010, 11:16:34 PM
Dear All,
My information is still December delivery.
I'll post here when they arrive.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

So what has happened to the N scale 4-6-0, GP7, and Peter Witt? Was their container ship hijacked by Somali pirates?

What with our Holidays, plus Chinese New Year, and Bachmann's annual inventory, can we expect to see anything new (other than price increases) before February or March 2011?

Bill

David Leonard

The GP7's and Peter Witt's are in stores now.

jmlaboda

jerry

skipgear

Quote from: David Leonard on December 27, 2010, 09:55:19 AM
The GP7's and Peter Witt's are in stores now.

Correction - they are in certain Baltimore area stores that seem to have went and picked them up direct from Bachmann. The rest of the world is still waiting and quite a few shops are ticked off about it.

The only thing we have recieved of the new stuff is the painted/undec 70T's and a few of the new 44T.

Still waiting patiently.
Tony Hines

David Leonard

BLW also has them in stock...On what I hope what is an unrelated note, some containers blew off an NS stack train into the Susquehanna River yesterday or Sunday. I hope it wasn't an eastbound train headed for Philly! It now appears we don't only have to worry about containers falling into the ocean.

skipgear

Just checked updated delivery dates with our distributor. The 4-6-0 has now been pushed back to 3-31.

Between this delay and the FVM Hiawatha being slow to arrive, no Christmas presents for me.
Tony Hines

David Leonard

Kleins is showing the 4-6-0's in stock (with photos). If your distributor says March 31, maybe you need to find another distributor!  :)

Franz T

Just checked MB Klein's website. No 4-6-0's there......

jmlaboda

They are there under new arrivals...

A whole 21 models in stock... and that is only until later this afternoon when folks jump feet first into getting what is available.

Looks like the front coupler is a dummy... I just hope that it will be easy to change once a model is in hand.  For me I won't be able to try and get one until the end of January... and that is IF there are any to be had at that time.
jerry

David Leonard

Someone reported that only a small shipment made it through in December. That must mean the various containers were filled up, which could be a kind of good news in the long run. For one thing, I won't have the money for one until after March 31, so I'm good with that.

Perhaps Mr. Bachmann can clue us in.