News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wanna trade my 4-4-0 for your 2-8-0?

Started by ChrisS, November 28, 2010, 02:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisS

Bought the American, but don't like it. I really want another Connie. The American is unlettered and dcc equipped.

Hopefully this isn't against the site rules, sorry if it is

fm_tx

What is it about the 4-4-0 that you don't like?  Is it the inside frame or outside frame?  I don't have one, but was thinking about getting one....

ChrisS

She's outside. It's just a fine loco. But too small. I want to double and triple head Connies up my 4% grades.

twsp

I may be interested.  How much has the 4-4-0 been run?  I have the 2-8-0, engine #26, Midwest Quarry & Mining.  Not sure which exact product number it is, but I can find out by digging out the box. It's been in a display case since I bought it, ran it only a couple of times on a 4' oval just to see it run.

ChrisS

the 4-4-0 has made one lap around my layout... i figured out quickly that i dont care for its looks...
as long as the 2-8-0 is dcc ready, that's all i need.

twsp

The box says Item Number 25961, DCC Equipped.  Not sure what all that means, but it seems it's what you might be looking for.

What's the product number of your 4-4-0, and do you have the box and everything intact as delivered?

ChrisS

Item 28326 painted unlettered steel cab black with red windows white stripes, dcc equipped.
And yes I have all of it

twsp

I'm game if you are, that engine would be much better for the limited space I'll have.  How should we do this, by direct email?

ChrisS

Direct mail sounds good to me. I will send you my mailing address in a private message if you'll do the same?