News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Long Hauler Train set

Started by ZanManzMama, November 29, 2010, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZanManzMama

My young son has recently taken interest in train sets. So, I ordered one off of Ebay that was supposed to be HO (what he wanted) but when it arrived it ended up being N. I cannot find ANYTHING about this set anywhere. We want to keep it but the hook that connects the engine to the other cars is snapped off so we have to run the train with a backwards engine. Does anyone have any information on this set? Any ideas when it was made or if we got taken? I paid $44 for the complete set but like I said, the engine is not 100%.

simkon

Because you got it off ebay, it probably is not covered under the warranty, who did you buy it from. I found a picture of the set it appears to be from the early 1990's making it highly unlikely that it was an authorized dealer. It came with an FA powered unit & FA non-powered unit. You can replace the couplers with Rapido type couplers.

ZanManzMama

Thanks. The Ebayer I purchased from was definitely not a dealer but the train set did come complete in the box. I will check into the couplers. Any suggestions to someone brand new to trains?

bobwrgt

Click on the parts and service link above and then go to universal n scale parts and you will find couplers listed. You could take the coupler off the front of the engine and put it on the back if the plastic is not broken. Watch out for the spring the parts are small.

Bob