News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Pennsylvanian "G scale

Started by wildduck, December 18, 2010, 07:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildduck

I received the subject train set for Christmas and would like to set up a model in the basement.  How can I buy more passenger cars (Pennsylvania RR) that are Tuscan Red to match those in the original set?

Jim Banner

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Loco Bill Canelos

Here is a list of the cars you are interested in:

97497   PRR   4   1995   P Baggage   PRR, Tuscan   P      Not Lighted   $68.00    Tuscan Red
89591   PRR   15   2003   P-Coach   PRR, Tuscan   p      Track Power Lights   $77.00    
89592   PRR   14   2003   P Combine   PRR, Tuscan   P      Track Power Lights   $77.00    
89593   PRR   4   2003   P Baggage   PRR, Tuscan   P      Not Lighted   $77.00    

The cars came out in 2003 with metal railings & Track powered lighting & metal wheels.  the 1995 cars have battery lighting and plastic handrails & wheels

Call around to some dealers, you might get lucky!

Whoops  missed this one:

97197   PRR   14   1995   P Combine   PRR, Tuscan         Battery Lights   $68.00    Tuscan Red

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

BillingsRR

eBay.com is all i can think of

OR

a hobby shop in Bromall, PA called Nicholas Smith. He sells them for about $30-$50. He only has a few, but its better than nothing. I think he has the baggage and combine, and since the set comes with the coach and observation, it works perfectly. the website is nstrains.com on the side bar scroll down to Bachmann and go to G Passenger cars. they are in that category, there are no pictures, but they are under PRR type of car Tuscan, or something along those lines. The guy who owns the place is very reasonable and you may be able to haggle with him over the price, but $30-$50 for a coach sold in most stores for $70-$100 is a good deal!
Hope it helps!,
-BRR

Loco Bill Canelos

Nicholas Smith Trains has always had many good deals.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

wildduck

Thanks for the lead.  Just bought another car for my set and will keep looking.