News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

PRR K4????

Started by inkaneer, December 19, 2010, 10:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkaneer

How about it Mr. Bachmann, a PRR K4 in 2011?  You just came out with a GP7 which Atlas did  a fine job on.   I just bought four of the Atlas GP 7's at $45.00 each.   Most, if not all of the popular locomotives [like the GP7/9] have been done already.   So why no K4?  The field is wide open for you.  A well designed, good running K4 would have no competition and with the recent additions of heavyweight passenger cars a truly passenger steam locomotive would fill a void.  So how about it Mr. Bachmann, a K4 in 2011????

in_eden

How about a heavy pacific? Including a K4? Many major roads used very similar heavy pacifics all based on the ALCO 50,000 prototype.
One model could basically pass for B&O, Southern, AT&SF, Southern Pacific, New York Central, Erie, Boston and Maine, C&NW, Milwaukee Road... and probably several others.
Add some minor additional detail additions, a la the C&O heavy mountain, like a belpaire fire box, PRR headlamp and pilot... and you've got a K4.

I can't understand that there isn't already a K4 model on the market...
But for some reason... don't hold your breath.

dtpowell

The need for mid size steamlocomotives is and old one indeed. As numerous and as popular as the K4 is I'm amazed it hasn't resurfaced since the Minitrix and limited brass offerings in the 1970's and 80's. I keep on hoping that maybe one of the reason's is that Bachmann, or some other manufacture, is going to come out with one DCC equipted and sound ready. Maybe a L1 Mikado too. After all 5 Mikes share the same boiler as the K4. I sure hope someone is working on the tooling.