News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC trains ru from computer

Started by Kris Everett, December 16, 2010, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris Everett

yes i have read in to the jmri software and the MINIBEE that im looking at is compatible with that software. what i will do is make a diagram of what im planning on doing. so you will have a better idea of what im talking about to see if it makes more sense.

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/trainboy16/trains/Layoutdesign.jpg

Kris Everett

ok ill look into seeing what i need to do from here with out going into great expense

Thank you

Is this what i would be looking for?

http://fiferhobbysu770.corecommerce.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=13447

Thomas1911

Yes, you'll need something like that.  That is what im using with my Powercab.  NCE's USB interface will only work with NCE's DCC systems, so you would need to get the equivalent of the NCE interface for whatever system you decide to go with, unless you do go with an NCE system.

Kris Everett

well i'm looking for something that would work with the e-z command system. rather the dynamis system or control center. but i guess no third parties have made anything to work with them yet. So what would every body recommend thats not to  pricey. About the same as the dynamis system in price. that would work with or has any type of PC interface in or available as a separate unit.

jward

digitrax zephyr and nce power cab are two inexpensive entry level systems with known computer interfaces available. and unlike the ez command, if you do decide to upgrade your system  later they can be integrated into the improved system. i don't believe you can use the ez command with the dynamis.

either way, the systems list for about $200 but you can often mailorder them for about $150.

if you want to fully automate your layout, so that trains will start and stop automatically to avoid collisions, i would suggest that you read any book on dc block control, and the digitrax big book of dcc. digitrax has decoders with transponders in them, to make it easy to have a real time dispatcher's display of your layout on your computer.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Kris Everett

cool that sounds really sweet. ill have to look into both of those and see witch one will work best for what i have in mind. can i use the decoders that i all ready have with these systems and then upgrade the decoders as i go? will those decoders work with both systems? Will the JMRI Software work with these, and the decoders? do these systems have anything like that DCS thing that i read about in earlier posts?

if i think of anything else ill let people know

Kris Everett

my decoders came with my trains and they are all bachmann trains so yes they have nmra decoders.

ok will reread it again thank you

Kris Everett

I cant believe that what i had in my head actually exists this sweet now just to get the money for it and then i can be a happy camper for a while :)