How many of you are doing Christmas Layouts???

Started by Alex Butner, December 21, 2010, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Butner

Hello All,

May I ask how many of you are making or have assembled a Christmas layout (G-scale) this year? How many of you used Big Haulers? I have built one and I am using the Durango and Silverton freight with the Tweetsie freight cars. I got both for my birthday this year and thought that it would be cool to run them around the tree this year. The D&S 4-6-0 keeps on going, but the Tweetsie engine might need to be replaced or repaired.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Alex Butner

Sleeping Bear

I have a small set up for the living room. Three Bachmann cars, an older raindeer transport         (green roof) and a combine and obs. that I painted to match the raindeer transport. The pass cars have flickering stoves and red trimmed green carpet down the center Isle. Wont get them done this year, but still looking for some scale (ish)  garland to put with some little lights and drape down the sides. Current loco is an Aristo 0-4-0 with slope back tender. There are plans for adding a few cars down the road and at that point, more locomotive. but for now, I've got this one,it looks good, and I'll see how it works. If the little one isn't up to ,I'll swap in one of my 10 wheelers for this year. just made my own water slide decals the other day and lettered them up, wish our camera still worked , I'd post pic's.....later all......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

BillingsRR

I have Lionel set up in our family room, but i decorated a lot of my G scale rolling stock with mini Christmas decorations. I plan on running them at the family Christmas we host every year. Hopefully my parents might add a new B'mann coach to my collection. I planned on doing a G scale set up, but bailed when i built my layout outside. For the Christmas cars i have an HLW red Mack with Snoopy, an LGB Stainz with Will Ferrel as the elf on the funnel, a lionel gondola with a Nativity, B'mann ET&WNC flatcar with Peanut themed stuff and a flashing snowman, B'mann Livendale River Box car with lighted snowflakes, B'mann Gn Obs. with many different decorations, Aristo PRR Bobber with Mickey theme, LGB, ex- DSP&P, now Strasburg RR decorated with fake lights and wreaths. I also have a battery Walt Disney Engine i gutted and is now a dummy whihc has Mickey, Minnine, a dalmation, and Playmobil figures. I plan on showwing them off at the party, my cousin takes a lot of pictures of stuff, so my layout will end up all over. It would look perfect with a light blanket of snow. Next year i plan on doing a lot more. Longwood Gardens has a great set up! The Christmas themed cars are plain awsome!
-BRR

mickeykelley

We have 2 trees in different rooms but adjacent. Train runs around kid tree through cabinet in wall to other room and around grown up tree (more formal and with glass, etc).  I have all the pieces from the animated new bright Christmas train. Been doing it for probably 12+ years by now. Youngest (and last at home) is now 14 and still wants it up every year. Doesn't get as many laps but still sees some action.

Mik

Not so much as in years past. Just Santa and Mrs Claus riding on the rear platform of the passenger train overhead. And Thomas, Annie and Claribel went to visit my fiancee's mom for the holidays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUFMN_142E

The loco on the overhead loop is/was Bachmann - it just doesn't look much like one anymore.
Mik

Sleeping Bear

Almost forgot.......I have an n scale 4-8-4 pulling a 8 car coal train around a lazy Susan on witch sits a small potted tree. Then there are the pieces scattered about all over. N HO and G.  Merry Christmas all......S.B.
"If at first you don't succeed....Get a bigger hammer"

Tom Lapointe

Outdoors on the "Watuppa Railway", Bachmann's 2004 version of the "Wonderland Flyer" (with the Christmas "Annie" with ver. 5 chassis & full Walschaeart's valve gear ) gets in quite a bit of running (it ran non-stop for 6 hours Christmas Eve in 28-degree  :o weather, no problem! ).   :)

Indoors, my 1958 - vintage American Flyer "S" gauge New Haven #499 Electric loco with it's freight train loops the Christmas Tree.   :)  This was my first electric train     (I've had it since I was 5 years old!  ;D  - & my 58th birthday is only a bit over a month away!   ::) )...

A few days ago, we did have an inch or two of snow here; most of it had melted off the railroad, but there were still a few small "drifts"  ;)  across the mainline in spots which necessitated running a "plow extra" first before the Wonderland Flyer could begin it's annual run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxLrzQGlrLc

Merry Christmas to all!  (Especially Mr. B! ;)  Tom