News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G Scale Locomotives

Started by mskurnik, December 26, 2010, 11:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mskurnik

I just recently unearthed my Bachmann G Scale Circus Train set.  I must be at least 15 years old.

The locomotive runs OK after being in storage for perhaps 10 years.  It could use some servicing but I have no clue how to oil it. 

Same thing goes for my Bachmann G Scale Royal Blue Line locomotive.

I could sure use some help.

Regards,

Mark

Kris Everett

i have no idea you can call service and i'm sure they would be-willing to help you out no problem just explain to them why you are calling.

Jim Banner

Phoning service right after Christmas may not be such a great idea - it could take a long time to get through.  Posting your question on the Large Scale board which is part of this forum will likely get you an answer much quicker.  The very knowledgeable members who hang out there will be able to help you identify which large scale locomotive you have and what if any special procedures pertain to it.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Kris Everett

ya thats true i forgot about that :) of course i didnt get any trains for this Christmas so i dont have to worry about that :)

bobwrgt

You will have to remove the bottom cover down the center of the engine.
Remove the silver screws down the center.
Be careful with the front so you don't break the wires to the truck with the small wheels.
You will need plastic compatable oil and grease to use. If you use the wrong stuff it will eat the plastic.
I made a round tube of cardboard to go over the smoke stack so engine will be level and not roll over when turned upside down.
Grease goes on the gears inside .
Oil with just one small drop on each for the wheel bearings and on the front shaft to the motor.
Outside just a small drop of oil where the rods are attached to the wheels.
Just a small drop on anything that turns will not hurt anything.
Take your time and do not force anything. The front of the cover could be tight to get up. The 4 front wheels can spin around 180 degrees and will cause a short when you put the engine back on the track. You can mark it so you get it correct when you put the cover back on.

Bob