News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Angels Among Us

Started by julian wilson, June 10, 2007, 05:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julian wilson

Recently I asked about simple R/C trains that were fairly realistic and simple to operate.  It was to be a gift to some young boys who have shown an interest in the hobby.  I got a number of helpful suggestions. 
We have been out of town to attend a graduation and help a daughter move. I just got home and there was a box containing an almost new R/C Bachman Big Hauler.  There is no return address and I have searched tons of stacked up emails and can find no mention of this.  Obviously there are still angels among us. I would like to compensate someone for this (The postage alone was $16.)  I would also like to know how to insert batteries into the engine or does it require there track power?
I’m going to post this on two sites because I originally asked my question on two sites. 

Amazed,  Julian 

CCSII

Congratulations Julian.

Yes there are angels amongst us, though at times they are lost in a background of bickering sniping whining and complaining.

The best way to compensate your angel (and I have no idea whatsoever who it might be) is to turn around and be someone else's angel. Doesn't have to cost money but if everyone did it and passed it on this would be a far better world.

zubi

Loco Bill Canelos

Julian to answer your battery question,  The loco batteries are located in ther smoke box.  You access the compartment from the inside of the cab by removing the backhead.  You will also need a fresh battery for the rc controller!!   Good luck and enjoy the gift!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!