News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Logging mikado

Started by sd90mac, December 29, 2010, 01:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd90mac

Since Bachmann seems to be interested in logging prototypes, here's something I think would be a good seller, and would fit that theme..

Some kind of 70 ton or 90 ton or whatever size logging mikado.

J3a-614

I would agree, although I am not a likely purchaser (being into C&O steam).  My suggestion as a base would be the Bachmann 0-6-0T, which if I measured things right, has 44-inch drivers (and an appropriate gear train).  That driver size is fairly common in logging, and a good deal smaller than the typical 50-inchers used under most main-line switchers.  Other components, such as domes, would be stock Baldwin parts, while things like air compressors were from the usual specialty suppliers (again, something that can come from the parts bin for other steamers).

JDLX

I'd second, or third, or whatever it is, the suggestion...in many places, mikados such as these were actually more common than the geared steam logging modelers love, but other than five or six brass models of 70-ton prototypes they have never been available...

My vote would be for a 90-ton model...but then again I've been saying this on the Bachmann boards for several years now...I hope to see it one day happen.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV