News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Bumble Bee

Started by Biker-Engineer, December 31, 2010, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG BEAR

Hey Biker Engineer,

You may also want to look for a "Passenger set" as it has the observation car / a passenger car with a rear observation platform. I think the bumble bee also was one of the lines Bachmann made a 2-door baggage car that would complete a passenger set. Just some suggestions or FYI.

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

HarryHotspur

Quote from: Biker-Engineer on December 31, 2010, 09:52:04 AM
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I have a question to ask anyone who might have knowledge about the Spectrum, On30 Bumble Bee. My son gifted me with one this Christmas and when I opened the box I was surprised to find that the loco was very small. In fact it's a tad smaller than my HO, SP diesel loco and it couples right up with all my HO rolling stock (Kadee couplers). The box is MARKED On30 but I am having my doubts.

Can anyone supply me with actual, physical dim insions of this loco or tell me where I might find the information? THANKS!

A few points:  99% of all RTR On30 equipment will couple perfectly with Kaydees at HO height.  That's intentional, although it's not perfectly to scale.

I just measured my Bachmann On30 2-6-0 Mogul at 11.75 inches in length.  That's from the end of the rear tender coupler to the front of the pilot.  Just a hand held rule measurement, but accurate within 1/8" or so.

The prototypes for these model were much smaller than the standard gauge equivalent.  In other words,  A 1:1 narrow gauge Mogul was scaled down in almost all aspects from a standard gauge Mogul, and thus the model is too.

Kernow

Quote from: Tomcat on January 01, 2011, 11:04:50 AM
Bachmann has a wonderful 2-8-0, and this is a model you can get at low prices now.
To me, this is the best ever Bachmann On30 engine and I´ve made several conversions
with the little Connie. She´s much more "Chunky" than the little 2-6-0 is.

Hi Tom

Would love to see some pictures of your conversions and maybe some idea of how you did it for the benefit of the terminally clumsy, like me.  ;)

Thanks