News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman Plus DD40AX Gear Wheels

Started by Vonzack, March 01, 2011, 05:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonzack

Hi,

I have an older Bachmann Plus DD40AX which is suffering from split gears, looking at the exploded view of the loco on the sheet provided, I'm looking for part N11407 Geared Wheel. As all of them are showing signs of cracking I need a complete set, are these available or are there any suitable replacements?

It is only the gears that have split the wheels themselves are fine.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

the Bach-man

Dear Mark,
Contact the service department for information on availability and other options.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

sscott823

Quote from: Vonzack on March 01, 2011, 05:04:24 AM
Hi,

I have an older Bachmann Plus DD40AX which is suffering from split gears, looking at the exploded view of the loco on the sheet provided, I'm looking for part N11407 Geared Wheel. As all of them are showing signs of cracking I need a complete set, are these available or are there any suitable replacements?

It is only the gears that have split the wheels themselves are fine.

Thanks in advance, Mark.
Mark,

did you have any luck finding the gears?
My DD40AX has the same issue.

Scott

NscaleNJtransit

With Mine, The truck shell to say wont stay on the engine. It falls off and causes a derailment. I need to get a new one
Snip it on, its Frisco

r0bert

The axle gears from the  f9 (not the f7) willl fit if you widen the gear openings on the bottom of the DD truck frame.
I have also been told that the gears from the brill streetcar will fit

NWSL also makes a replacement wheel/axle set for the older plus ans spectrum versions, but for what it costs, you can replace the whole loco with the new DCC on Board version

Vonzack

Hi,

Just to let you know, I contacted Bachmann in the UK and they provided a full set of gears (8) for £3GBP. It's easy enough to fit them, separate the wheelsets, throw away the old gears and push the new ones on. Push them along a flat surface before re-fitting to make sure they are aligned properly and check the back to back spacings with a good wheelset.

Thanks to r0bert for the advice about the F9 wheels, I saw this on another forum, so that looks like another option.

Thanks.