Catching Up - What developments have there been in Bachmann On30

Started by FrankS, January 02, 2011, 07:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankS

Hi Guys,
I've been out of On30 for a couple of years, so I'm just catching up with what's Gone on (or rather, not gone on!). :) Maybe it's all to do with the financial crisis and recession, which I know has been a lot worse in the US and Europe than in Australia, where it's all passed us by with very little effect.

Looking through the online catalogue, the pace of things seems to have slowed right down and apart from the SRR&RL type Caboose and a  artic loco, very little seems to be new.

When I was last reading these pages there was talk of Porters with DCC On Board and maybe even sound, a Davenport with sound on board, a "bigger" diesel loco and an Excursion Car~ has anything been happening with these projects ? ~ or was it just wishful thinking ? Did those plans for On30 rolling stock from Brazil ever come to anything ?

Any info much appreciated,
Cheers, Frank Savery
in sunny (albeit damp Australia).

Hamish K

Frank

In 2010 Bachmann announced the reissue of the Porters, both the 0-4-0t and the 0-4-2t. These will have DCC, and will be available both with and without sound. The only other new items announced were separate sale observation cars in olive green and burgundy and black liveries (both unlettered). Unlettered  burgundy and black versions of the other passenger cars were also announced. So no brand new locomotives or rolling stock at all. Not even a new train set.

I hope that this is not a sign that Bachmann is  losing interest in ON30. There was mention of production difficulties and I know that economic times are tough in most places, but all other scales received more from Bachmann than ON30. Lets hope for more in 2011.

Hamish

lvrr325

They did, however, come up with a new RS2 and GP7 in HO in that time.  Given how many of those are already on the market, not sure why, but if they're willing to chance that I don't see why more On30 isn't an option. 

mabloodhound

Don't write off the unspoken H...... loco yet.   I think they wanted to get the gear issue fixed and now maybe it will happen.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

lvrr325

I actually would not be surprised if it's a while before anything really new is introduced.  No one's announced much new recently and what was most recently announced has had a lot of delays getting here. 

Tomcat

No, we won´t get silent until we have this H...... engine... Did I say I mean something with gears...
NOW GIVE US THAT DARN THING BACHMANN; PLEEEEAAASE....  ;) ;) ;)

Don´t get me wrong: It won´t be something darn, rather it will be something much beloved, long wished and wanted and well-deserved, isn´t it..??? ;) ;) ;)

Tom :)