News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

small building ???

Started by rrmchone, January 04, 2011, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrmchone

i have a really detailed station building that i just got done building now there is a really big blank area next to it i tried putting different buildings next to it just to see how they work but all of them look toy like around it  can anyone sugguest a small building with some detail to it that would look good?  and affordable

NarrowMinded

You could always repaint and weather the "toy" looking ones, also adding some more detail to them will help them fit in and look better even if not next to the one you built.

NM

Doneldon

mac-

A station needs a parking lot so you can start there.
Have an alley off of the rear of the lot and there are a
million things you can do. Add a newsstand near the
front and you have loads of possibilities for figures,
details and action.
                                            -- D

jward

you might consider one of the following:

a signal tower. often there were switches around the station areas, and these towers were manned by the people who controlled the switches.

a footbridge over the track. if you had a station with two or more tracks, this provided a way for passengers to get to the track their train was on safely.

station platform canopy extensions. atlas makes these. most stations had extended platforms so that people could board more than one car at a time.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

CNE Runner

I don't know whether or not the proposed building is near the front of the layout. We have had success with Clever Model's line of paper structures. These kits are relatively cheap and - with careful assembly - look great (although I'm not sure I would include on at the very front of the scene.

Another tack is to use Google Image to research what stations, in your time frame, had in their proximity. As was mentioned before: Don't rule out cheaper [plastic] kits as weathering can make all the difference in the world.

Good luck with the project,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"