News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

up dating the 2-6-0 and 4-4-0

Started by bob kaplan, January 17, 2011, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Many of us have requested up-dated versions of the Mogel and American Spectrum engines.  The more modern Connie "seems" have sold successfully.  Other than the plastic gear on the drive axle, the engines seem to be reliable.  If Bachmann looked into the gearing issue and up-dated cab, domes, stack, lamp, etc.....to me (yeah i know...) it seems that they would have successful selling engines, without the MAJOR investment of a brand new engine.
   Obviously i am naive with my knowledge of business ventures. Seriously.... why would the company NOT look into the idea of up dating these model.??
   Thanks for the insights.

Kevin Strong

Tony Walsham

I certainly would be very interested in buying a commercially available modernised mogul like Kevin has shown.  Maybe even the 4-4-0 as well.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Chris9017

yes, and also update some of the old models that are still in production by giving them metal gears, lengthening the lead truck bolster bar that holds the truck onto the cylinder saddle on the 4-4-0s, die-cast tender frames, die-cast tender trucks, die cast cylinder saddles, and die-cast front pony trucks to withstand harsh conditions.   The tender trucks break too easily after a few years of usage, the tender draw bar will break right off if used in the salt air, the pony trucks pop off the rails on grades going downhill, and the cylinder saddle can fall apart from smoke oil leaking out of the unit.

So they can use mechanical updates as well as appearence updates, also add DCC and sound into them, as well as giving it just DCC and having it sound ready.

casey

"Tender trucks breaking after a fews years use" I wish, one of mine was broken in transit on the Connie, kindly mr Bachmann sent me a new FOC. I have tried to repair the old one but the plastic does not take kindly to epoxy resin and the repair was not as good as hoped.

R. J. Raleigh

I already have 12 Centennials...what i would like is a Spectrum C-16. An early D&RG C-16.