News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Remote Turnouts not working.

Started by holland, January 23, 2011, 07:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holland

I am a returning train hobbiest after a 20 yr break, I have just opened a "Track Pack" and set it up (for my son).  I have checked several sources and it appears that I am wiring everything correctly.  However, when I push the button to change the Remote Turnout, it just makes a noise.  I tried this with 5 of my remote turn outs, and 3 different switches ( I tested them individually so that they were not connected all together at the time).  They all make the same noise but do not shift the track.  My turnouts are equiped with switch type "A", if that helps.  Also, I did NOT push and hold the button for more that a second.  They are contected to power on a "Rerailer" that is in turn connected to the DCC E-Z command unit. What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help!

RGC

Mine did that with a power supply that didn't put out 16V. At 12V my turnouts didn't work. Could that be the problem in your case ?

mf5117

The EZ-command does not have an A/C accessory terminal . You need to pick up a separate power supply and gang the switches together . the green plug wire from the switch to your turnouts , then the red wire from the 1st switch to an A/C terminal on a separate power supply . You can pick them up reasonably cheap at your Local Hobby Shop hope this helps ...

holland

Thank you both very much.  I will check into it.