How do I access my higher F-functions

Started by Pushrod, February 20, 2011, 03:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushrod

The DCC controller I have, the Digitrax DC-50 only seems to be able to access functions 0-8 on my sound decoders. I wanted to change the whistle type which is F-24 (If I remember correctly) on the decoder. Is there any way to do this with this controller? If not what are my options without putting out a bankroll of money?
Thanks.

Pushrod

Hunt, your correct. It is a Bachmann Spectrum engine that I added an MRC sound decoder in.
Thanks for the suggestions.
-P

Jim Banner

The new Zephyr Xtra DCS51 can access all 29 functions (F0 to F28.)  So can your Zephyr DCS50 if used with a DT402 throttle.  Upgrading your Zephyr just to be able to access a few more functions would be, in my opinion, a waste of money.  But if you enjoy running your layout with a friend or relative, an extra throttle might be attractive for that as well.  Ultimately though, Hunt's suggestion of finding someone who has the equipment to do the job for you will be the most economical solution, even if you have to pay him a few dollars for his help.

Jim 
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

r0bert

Base Zephyr throttle
F0, F1 - F8
But you access the higher functions by plugging in a handheld throttle.
UT4 and DT400 will give FO, F1- F12
DT402 F0, F1- F28
Loco buffer and Decoder Pro interface throttle F0, F1- F28
Adding the extra throttle also allows you to actively control more locos at once,
1 extra with UT4, and 2 extra with DT40X.

Pushrod

Awesome, Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into getting another throttle for the system!
-P