News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any rumors of new Bachmann steam?

Started by NevinW, June 19, 2007, 10:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICRR

In the thread of any new steam the post of a Maine Central 4-6-2 was suggested to be a USRA which of course it isn't, but it was also suggested to be a Harriman Standard 4-6-2. I'm dubious about that idea, but I don't know MEC steam power. However, it does illustrate how important a light engine with a straight boiler could be useful to many modelers who only seem to get stuck with the same old USRA locomotives. Such engines could be used for modelers of many different lines that had engines older than USRA designs. Southern 4-6-2s, for example came in light versions long before the PS4 appeared. The first IC Pacifics were light engines with relatively straight boilers.

My preference, of course, would be for a Harriman 2-8-2.

George Waltershausen

pdlethbridge

When I posted the picture, I stated it was a USRA like pacific, not a USRA pacific. It has simple lines and add something here or there, different tender, and you have the potential for something.

SteamGene

"Now would be the time to produce a USRA type Pacific like this,"  is what you wrote.   I would take that to mean the picture is a USRA Pacific.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

pdlethbridge

Thats not what I meant, I should have used like rather than type ; :)  picky..picky..picky ; :)

joegideon

I called up this site this morning to add a suggestion for a Ma & Pa #26-ish addition to the Bachmann stable!  ...and, Viola'! Failing that, even #s 42 and 43 would be OK.  But a die-cast ver. of the old PFM consol.?  The Bachmanns could stop thinking trains for a while and buy a Learjet!  To those who might gripe about the preponderance of Ma & Pa...Hey!  Baldwin was their 'Bachmann'.

Bojangle

Off topic but:
Some of the posts on this thread take 1-1/2 screens wide, and I have to scroll back and forth to read.  Is that because the poster has a 55 inch super wide screen with resolution set to 10,000, or what?  I thought the screen size was set  by this server.
Bo

SteamGene

Pdlethbridge,
There is an old edition of the Bible where the printer accidently left "not" out of the Seventh Commandment. 
Makes all the difference in the world. ;D
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

pdlethbridge

A better way to say it was USRAish ;D ;D ;D

SteamGene

A better way to say it was USRAish Grin Grin Grin

Yep.  That would line the points up just right.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Hoople

I'd dig some Harriman on my pike.

I model SP, UP, and D&RGW.

Only problem is the only D&RGW models I can find that are from 1930-1956 are ALCO PAs, F7s and other diesels, galloping geese, and, well thats it.

Bring on Harriman mikes and pacifics!
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

lanny

An honest question.

It seems obvious that far more than those of use who are 'raving ICRR maniacs' would like to see Bachmann develop a Harriman style steam locomotive. I've been amazed at the constant requests for such a locomotive, with virtually everyone that suggests it, also mentioning the added value of 'kit bashing' it into whatever particular RR they would like.

It seems to me to be 'more than obvious' that there is a 'large' market out there for a 'Harriman' style steam locomotive.

So the question is ... do 'we' start 'flooding' Bachmann in Philadelphia with requests rather than (or 'along with') flooding this forum with those requests? I plan to do this. Even thoug postage went up, it would be worth a 'few bucks' to send such a request periodically to Bachmann.

It seems to have some effect in politics ... i.e. 'write your congressman' ... perhaps it would have a similar effect on Bachmann?

Could someone suggest the department or specific name of the individual to whom such communications might be addressed?

Thanks!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

SteamGene

I think Johann has mentioned that Mr. Reiley is the Decider at Bachmann.  While I'm probably not in the market for any Harriman locomotives, I agree that it is an untapped market and the first company to broach it is in for a ton of sales.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Hoople

I agree with Gene. I wouldn't mind a couple Harriman mikes... and pacifics...

I do model two roads that used them...

I'd be thrilled. I'd need one SP, one UP, of each. Maybe two of one road.
That'd be cool!
-Hoople-

lanny

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the name ... you mentioned that "I think Johann has mentioned that Mr. Reiley is the Decider at Bachmann".

What is Mr. Reiley's title (in order to proper write a letter and address the envelope? And is it 'Reiley' or 'Rieley' (sp?)

Thanks Gene ... or anyone.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Hoople

I thought it was Mr. Riley.

I have no idea...  ??? Don't worry, I confuse myself quite alot.
-Hoople-