News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any rumors of new Bachmann steam?

Started by NevinW, June 19, 2007, 10:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

Well, of course the 3-truck Shay and 2-truck Climax are already here.  A Hiesler would round out the trio.  It has been said that Bachmann will annouce new products at the NMRA Train Show, which is at the end of this coming week.  So look for something on the home page either Friday or Monday.

ATSF5700BOB

Good morning all! I just wanted to reply to something Orsonroy responded to in my post. 
          I meant to say that in the past, most, not all plastic steam engine manufacturers weren't A.T.S.F. specific. In the past, most manufacturers of plastic steam locomotives and some diesel locomotives would turn out a steam or diesel engine in plastic (even if Santa Fe never owned one of the
particular models that were being produced), slap an A.T.S.F. or Santa Fe decal  or rubber stamp on the locomotives flanks, and away the manufacturer would go. I guess what it is really all about is how each modeler looks at the prototype and then decides how to model a particular lrailroad, steam engine or whatever. It is that we the modelers have to decide what is fun for our own interests. That is what model railroading is really all about.
         I know nothing about BLI. I have never owned an engine by them. I might have considered purchasing one. I even looked into it, and called the company.  I couldn't get the one I wanted because I was short on funds at the time, I had never heard of them before, and it was [ and I am not inferring here that BLI is brass, I don't know what they are made of (like most manufacturers who make brass models)], a limited run.
           At any rate, thanks for your informative reply, Orsonroy, and I look forward to chatting with you again.
                         Bob

Jake

Quote from: ebtnut on July 22, 2007, 10:52:03 AM
Well, of course the 3-truck Shay and 2-truck Climax are already here.  A Hiesler would round out the trio.  It has been said that Bachmann will annouce new products at the NMRA Train Show, which is at the end of this coming week.  So look for something on the home page either Friday or Monday.

Do you mean in HO? Because the only climax I saw was ON30. (There may be on in Large scale, but I don't know.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Hamish K

Quote from: Jake on July 22, 2007, 10:27:42 PM
Quote from: ebtnut on July 22, 2007, 10:52:03 AM

Do you mean in HO? Because the only climax I saw was ON30. (There may be on in Large scale, but I don't know.

Bachmann have released a HO two truck climax, however it is not shown in the current catalogue. (They also released a Large Scale Climax, again not current). Originally Bachmann announced both 2 and 3 truck climaxes, but only the 2 truck ever appeared. Perhaps the 3 truck will now arrive to replace the 2?

Hamish

Jake

Oh... That'll teach me to read the announcements. :-[
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

cact25

2-10-4 ! 2-10-4 ! 2-10-4 ! 2-10-4 ! 2-10-4 ! 2-10-4
ATSF!   ATSF!   ATSF!   ATSF!   ATSF!   ATSF!   ATSF!

Eric_L

An ATSF 2-10-4 would not be bad, as the Pennsylvania Railroad leased a number of these. This of course would be my excuse for buying one and putting on my Pennsy themed layout.
Eric

talkingqhead

The results are in !!!  It's it's just what we all been LOOKING for, another   Lima Bershire [kanawha].

Orsonroy

Quote from: talkingqhead on July 29, 2007, 10:36:07 PM
The results are in !!!  It's it's just what we all been LOOKING for, another   Lima Bershire [kanawha].

Yeah...odd that a Berk hasn't ever come up on one of these wishlist threads, yet that's what we wound up with. Guess Bachmann doesn't pay any attention to us after all...
Ray Breyer
Modeling the NKP's Peoria Division, 1949

SteamGene

I didn't think they'd do it because of the Proto 2-8-4.  It does have the obvious advantage that there are several of them left, some of them, like PM 1225, still operable.  And PM 1225 was the basis for The Polar Express. 
The pictures sure look good.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

lanny

I feel the same way, Ray. Does Bachmann really 'listen' ... are they really interested in what a lot (it seems to me) of potential customers are telling them?

Though I don't mind seeing a Bachmann 2-8-4 (with a tremendous amount of kitbashing it probably can be made to resemble the early super power ICRR Berks)

But why, oh why, is there not the slightest indication that any 'dent' has been made regarding Harrian style steam ... no one is doing it and there is an obvous market for it from East to West coast.

<sigh>

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

Stephen Warrington

>:( I agree Lanny, now you see why lately Proto 2000 has  been getting my modeling funds and not Bachmann,I don't think  I will ever have use for a Berk.

Stephen

Morphine after laser surgery tomorrow yes, a berk no.

Amtrak_Titan

For new Ho Steam Locomitves I would like the following to be made in ho.
Milwaukee Class A 4-4-2
ATSF Blue Goose
Western Pacific Gs6
Southern Pacific Gs2

SteamGene

I'm not sure when they scrapped the Road A class.  Was it still around for the 1955 Olympic Hi?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

BaltoOhioRRfan

TO ALL MEMBERS....there is still hope....

Only one steamer was announced by bachmann in the spectrum line. But I don't think all hope for smaller engines in the spectrum line are gone. There's still a chance for one. Remember. We have another round comming in October. I'm getting close to kit bashing a 4-4-2 unless Bachmann makes one.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF