News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann, please read

Started by davidone, February 10, 2011, 01:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidone

Why doesn't Bachmann wire the motors with double motors in series? It seems it would be the best for smoother starts and the standard lights.

Dave

Len

I suspect because there are some young folks "out there" that like to watch them operate at 'Warp 9.5' the way the old ones do in the "I Love Toy Trains" videos.

It'd probably add to the cost, but putting a switch in for "Parallel/Series" motor connections might be an option.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Joe Satnik

Dear Dave,

Perhaps they should sell series wiring harnesses as accessories. 

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

DominicMazoch

K-Line did have a S-P switch with their stuff!

EIS

Quote from: Len on February 10, 2011, 11:17:02 AM
I suspect because there are some young folks "out there" that like to watch them operate at 'Warp 9.5' the way the old ones do in the "I Love Toy Trains" videos.
The Williams engines will still fly off the track with series wiring.  I don't see any down-side for engines with two motors coming from the factory with series wiring.

Earl

rtraincollector

to me it would just be a wiring change at the factory and it would make them run better if they wired them in series. As stated you still can make them fly off the track wired in series but you have smother and slower starts when wired in series

DominicMazoch

I can run them down to a craw using PowerHous/Master sets and a Cab-1 in TMCC Conv.