News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

loco haulage capacity

Started by 7029cluncastle, February 13, 2011, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7029cluncastle

hi everyone, i have recently bought emily and mtching coaches and am very pleased with it. i tried it with 2 bachmann british railways mark 1 coaches nd she managed to haul them with ease. after adding her 2 coaches on she began to slip, but 2 mark 1s will be enough for what i pln to have her with. anyway i just wanted to know about the haulage capacity of the other locos. i have recently ordered bill and ben and should be getting the others soon.
kenny
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

TheJJ

My Thomas can pulll 3 express coaches. Toby can only pull 2. Percy 3. James 3. Edward 3. Henry and Gordon 4 to 6. It depends if I give the engines a start push or not.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: JJ96 on February 13, 2011, 05:42:13 PM
My Thomas can pulll 3 express coaches. Toby can only pull 2. Percy 3. James 3. Edward 3. Henry and Gordon 4 to 6. It depends if I give the engines a start push or not.

For me Toby can pull SIX coaches! But he goes slow.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

shining time

my henry/gordon/spencer 4 coaches or 13 freight cars (with loads)
thomas 5-6 freight cars
emily 4-5 cars
emily can't pull them up the hill though but the others can
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

BillingsRR

I have heard Spencer can pull 11 express coaches with no problems at all. While Gordon/Henry can only pull about 6.

MetaDude27

My Thomas and Percy can pull 4 freight cars plus a brake-van without their wheels slipping from the weight. My Edward can pull 6 freight cars and a brake-van, or two Express coaches without his wheels slipping.

TheJJ

Without a doubt my Henry and Gordon run the best. Speed,  Strength, and Looks. :P

fighter4luv

It also depends on the weight of the coaches/trucks. Some weigh a lot less than others. On flat track a lot of the engines can pull a fair amount, but uphill for most engines it's limited to a couple of coaches (some not even 1 full length coach).