News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Smoking Unit...

Started by Dave1968, February 14, 2011, 06:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave1968

I believe during a train show I seen a building that had a smoking unit included with it.  I am not 100% sure on this though. 

My question is, does someone make a unit that can be put in a building that would give the look of a smoking chimney?  I have two log cabins that I would like to add this to so I thought I would give it a shot and ask.

Jim Banner

Many people routinely remove the smoke unit from their locomotives.  Perhaps the building owner used such a unit.  Otherwise he may have purchased a new Seuthe smoke generator.  Seuthe make smoke units for a variety of scales.  For a large H0 building, you might even want to use a G-scale smoke generator.

I will leave it to others to tell you why you might not want to use a smoke unit, any smoke unit, in your cabins.  I think such units would add to your cabins, even if you used only rarely.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

mabloodhound

Smoke generators are available from many retailers on the web.   For smoke fluid, check out this site with various scents which would suit your cabins very well.  http://www.megasteam.com./
8)
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

jbsmith

Depending on the size of the building there are other options.
Dry Ice, i have seen this done in Locos,,great for those with health issues with smoke smoke but still like to actually see "smoke".
Halloween fog machine rigged up in such a way,,use your imagination on that one.

BillD53A

ebtbob

We had a customer in the store last week looking for a smoke unit and the cheapest one available from Walthers was $34.00.  Shop around.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org