News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-rail DC and DCC

Started by Tomcat, February 15, 2011, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomcat

Hey Bachmann/Williams folks!

Ages ago, Williams did make wonderful 2-Rail models, steamers - a dream.
Beeing a 2-Railer, I would like to see Williams by Bachmann re-enter the 2-Rail market,
as this is growing permanently. I just had a good friend reconstruct my 3-rail D&RGW Alco PA into a 2-rail model. Bachmann - you can do this by yourself.

Please get us affordable, well detailed, good running 2-rail models and I´m sure you will be able to do the magich influence you had in the On30 market again in O-Scale 2-rail.

Why not...?

Please make my day, folks...! :) :) :)
Cheers, Tom
;) ;) ;)

DominicMazoch

B does hace DCC in some products, and can motors can work with DCC receivers.  Only thing is the DCC system would need more power to work because of the larger motors.

phillyreading

From what I have been told, the Williams motors are DC already and just use AC for direction control. Making a Williams O gauge engine into two rail model is the problem that I see to overcome.

I have taken out the circuit board on one of my older F-7's and replaced it with a bridge rectifier rated at 6 amps, 50 volts, runs great, even increased the power just a little.

Getting DCC to fit would be another thing to work on. Maybe use DCC from G gauge trains if so equipped, so it can handle the voltage and current range of O scale.

Lee F.

Tomcat

Lee,

I got a wonderful mechanic work back from a good pal who had done the mechanical conversion of the PA trucks for me. I have now added a MRC G-scale decoder (MRC 1817) to give the PA´s a more active life...

Well, would be awesome if Bachmann could offer them in 2-Rail once. Williams had awesome 2-Rail models, I once had a brass Challenger which was a dream...

Cheers, Tom