News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

derailment at switchs

Started by GRZ, February 17, 2011, 12:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRZ

I'm still trying to find my way in this new world! well over 70 and new to this button way of conversing, I just read that someone was having problems with a loco passing a switch  and derailing, I had a problem with the selves that are covering the CDC wires[ there are two on each wire] would catch in the point and stop all forward motion in a instant. I slid them back and forward and glued them there.problem solved.. I may get brave and snip them off when I find they have no real use! Griz

Jim Banner

Those sleeves are mostly decorative, serving to keep the wires in neat bundles.  If they are causing you trouble, you can take them off - the trains will still run without them.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

GRZ

thank you Jim. like Iaid a bit nervous on this knew stuff. I go back 65 years in rail roading , im just now wakeing up things thats been packed away long long time.wow what a change in engines,im likeing this new stuff... thank you again.grz

richg

I used a quite small pair of scissors the have a long narrow set of cutters to slit these plastic sleeves. I then coated the wires with black liquid vinyl which stiffens them slightly and they look like hoses.

Rich