News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Hershey Streetcar

Started by Wheeltapper, February 18, 2011, 02:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheeltapper

I understand that Bachmann made a Hershey Streetcar in 0n30 which is a new scale and streetcars a new subject for me.

I have already obtained a couple of the United Traction cars one of which has been converted to English appearance and as I have never seen an example of the Hershey car I wonder if they are still available either new or preowned from anywhere.

Any information on this vehicle or any others suitable for 0n30 would be most helpfull.

Wheeltapper

Thanks for the lettering tip Hunt as I was obviously not using the right letter combination and am now getting better results to searches.

Wheeltapper

Well I've found a few retailers in the US that still have  the Hershey Streetcar in stock  but none at all in the UK or anywhere else this  side of the Pond so it must have been a very popular model.

Unfortunately the cost of shipping  an example of this model  to England  from the USA or Canada will in most cases double the cost  of buying it and in several cases more than treble  the cost of buying it which unfortunately makes it an unviable proposition for me as its  more than I can  sensibly afford to spend.

With any luck one may come up  for sale in  the preowned market  category over here so I will just have to keep a look out for one.

Anubis

I have found the excessive cost of postage from the USA to be a limiting factor in my purchases, as well.

It is better, IMO, to save all your shopping items until you can find one place to purchase them all in one transaction. That at least, spreads the cost of postage across a number of items.

I recently had a back-order filled by a reputable US company. It was a pewter O Scale figure worth about four dollars, which had been out of stock at the time my original order was filled.

Two or three months later, when I had forgotten all about it, the figure arrived by post, accompanied by an invoice for just over $30 US.......... :o

The super-expensive little bloke now resides as fireman on my Bachmann Mogul.

So, a word to the wise - do not ask for back orders to be filled. Best to elect to cancel any item that is out of stock, rather than have them arrive in exorbitantly priced dribs and drabs.

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession