News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Williams Amfleet cars.

Started by stationmaster12, July 16, 2011, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stationmaster12

Hello,
Just wondering, I'm working on getting a set of the Williams Amfleet cars in the phase 4 paint scheme. While I don't really mind the trucks that come with them, I'm curious if anyone out there has bought these cars and maybe swapped out the trucks for MTH or Lionel Amfleet trucks that look more like the prototype. I prefer the Williams cars over the MTH and Lionel cars simply because they are made of aluminium versus plastic and I like the way they look. i'm also waiting for the new Williams Genesis in the phase 5 scheme to go with the cars! If anyone has done this please let me know and maybe have pics too.
Thanks!!
Keep God first in all that you do.

phillyreading

Be careful when doing any truck swapping with Lionel or MTH to Williams, as you will find out from experiance that Williams coupler arms are longer, on differant models, than the Lionel or MTH and you will experiance derailments after a swap out.

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes,

One possibiltiy you could get away with is simply to dismount the default trucks from your cars, and just remove the trucksides to expose the wheels. I do own a 4 car Williams aluminum amfleet set, but have done nothing in terms of exposing the wheels, as I actually don't mind the trucksides that much.

Sincerely: JP
Sincerely: JP

3rail

JP,

The sideframes hold the wheelsets in place.  You would have to fabricate new truck frames to expose the wheels and till have them connected to the trucks.

Regards,

3rail