News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Seaboard Coast Line

Started by sr2839, February 20, 2011, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sr2839

It would be nice if Williams would make some black Seaboard Coast Line diesels such as GP-38s or F3s,maybe even the SCL bicentennial paint scheme on the U33C.

DominicMazoch

For some odd reason, SCL was big on GE.  Actually, the U33C body is or is about right for the U36.  Modify the frame and drive for the GM F/GP truckm and you would have it.

Would be good for SCL, Auto-Train, Seaboard System, and CR.  I don't think any U36B's got painted into CSX.

phillyreading

If I am correct, I haven't seen anything in Seaboard colors. Not even rolling stock made by Williams. Seaboard, if I am correct, was the other railroad on the west side of Florida, between Ft. Myers and Talahassee FL.

Before we know it people will be asking for Mt. Dora & Eustis RR. ;)

Lee F.

stationmaster12

How about a Florida Midland Geep!
Keep God first in all that you do.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

None of the southern RRs have ever been covered as they should and I believe the manufacturers are missing out on a great many sales because of it.

I model (you guessed it) the Seaboard Air Line and just about everything I have has to be modified, repainted, or built from scratch.  It's becoming harder to do even this as parts and (primarily) decals become harder to find.

I would like to see the manufacturers solicit more input from folks down south, instead of relying on input from train shows that take place outside of the area.  Putting in survey forms in boxes or even a survey form online would be a good sign.

I've shown this on other forums, but here's my Williams E7 I repainted/lettered for Seaboard Air Line:

While I'm focused on the RR prior to the merger with ACL, anything on ACL.SAL.SCL would be welcome, especially if it was a piece that could be painted/lettered to cover all 3.

stationmaster12

WOW! That SAL loco looks great! I grew up in Orlando, FL and I lkie southern railroads as well. Do you have any more pics of your layout or possibly videos on YouTube?

DominicMazoch

Did the SAL E7 paint base its paint on the PRR one stripe livery.  Look the same except for colours!

Seaboard Air Line Fan

StationMaster12,

I don't have any others that are worthy enough to post.  I really need to get on the ball and finish ballasting my track and get some photos up later.

Dominic,

I know PRR had an influence on SAL, but I don't know about this particular paint scheme.  I really like the Mint Green with Red striping and Dark Green roof, the "Citrus" scheme was even more appealing.

stationmaster12

I understand! I have a small layout with green indoor-outdoor carpet. But even that is likely to be torn down! I might to build my new layout in my drum room, we'll see. Thanks for the SAL pic!

stationmaster12

You know that Williams offers some ACL, Southern Rwy,  and FEC locos. And they also make a Seaboard NW-2 in the Lionel Postwar colors of orange and blue. I like that engine even though I've never seen anything about  the real SAL having that paint scheme on  any of their locos. I have a Lionel 0-8-0 that I got with a New York Central Flyer set this year that I'm planing on reapainting to SAL.  :)

DominicMazoch

What I would like to see are add on cars of railroads which had "runtrough" cars and/or trains.  In the Seaboards case, cars for the S passenger trains, but sublettered for the PRR would be nice.

Seaboard Air Line Fan

The SAL diesel switchers were red/black, you can just see my MTH NW2 just behind the repainted WBB E7:

It's a very nice paint scheme, one WBB ought to do right on future SAL switchers.