News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Replacement Tender Truck

Started by bobbie21921, February 24, 2011, 01:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbie21921

I am in need of a Replacement Tender Truck for a 2-6-4 Girls Engine Tender.   I have been Trying to replace this since before Christmas When My wife accidentally knocked the Tender off of the coffee table and the Bearing strip broke and dropped out.  Every time i have called and checked on this I am told that it is out of stock.

My question is is there any other 6 wheel Truck that can be used to repair this. 

Thank you
Robert A. Emerson

Bobbie Emerson

phillyreading

Have you looked at the S-2 tender? It uses six wheel trucks as well.
Williams has told me that replacement parts are made whenever they make a run of a certain model, but so far NO success for a certain part either for me.

If all else fails, buy a junker tender at a train show and see if you can use the parts from it.

Lee F.

bobbie21921

Never thought of an S2 Tender
But they are probably out of those too
Wonder if anyone Else makes a 3 axle tender truck
like Lionel or MTH or ????????
Bobbie Emerson

phillyreading

I know that MTH makes a three axle truck, but it might be oversize, as it comes from a T1 Reading 4-8-4 steam engine.
Another one to try might be a three axle passenger truck assembly from a heavyweight passenger car.

Lee F.

bobbie,  Go to the parts section of this site. I noticed that they list six wheel tender trucks for the Turbine. Give Bachmann a call and see if they are the same or that you could substitute them as a replacement.

Goood Luck...671