What's next for Large Scale Thoams?

Started by CFRailway, February 25, 2011, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFRailway

???
Hello all. I already own a large scale Thomas, Percy, Anne, Clarabel, Troublesome Trucks #1 & #2, Green coal wagons and I am waiting for a James & Thomas snow plough to become available. I think the range is great but does anyone know if there are plans to release more anytime soon and what they will be?
I am part of a team that runs the Charnwood Forest Garden Railway at Rothley Station on the Great Central, Leicester (England, UK), and the children love them. On children's events, as it is a large layout, the three locos are quite thin on the ground and others what really make the layout come to life in the children's minds!

Anyone who knows something I don't and would like to share it would be greatly appreciated!

For anyone interested here's our website: www.charnwoodforestrailway.webs.com
Anything is possible....

BillingsRR

I have seen your site and videos and I am happy you are introducing G scale to young children. We need them in the hobby.

My guess, not confirmed, is possibly Toby, Edward, or Emily. Then maybe their coaches a van or a cattle car. Possibly a brakevan. This is my opinion based on the HO line and their releases.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

this year held backies:james, milk and fuel tankers new releases:oil tanker thats all this year none knows what next personally I hope it's toby or edward

Anthony P2

the only thing that would be new (announced and released) for this year would be the oil tanker. there is no engine new for this year. things that were held back will be available soon: James, snowplow, fuel and milk tankers.

TheJJ

I know it will never happen but I'd love an LS Gordon. But realistically I'd love a LS Rosie, Toby, or Possibly Stanley.

TobyTheTram16

Mulfred

you know what If there was a couple more engines and i had a lotto win I'd collect the large scale. they are very acurate and close in scale to the tv series. Ah I can seill dream  :D

7029cluncastle

ive visited your layout at Rothley, its great :) (was there in october last year and january this year for the steam galas) would be nice to see toby, diesel, edward and duck in ls. along with branchline coaches, henrietta and a brakevan.
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

DinoNTrains

Although I don't model in Large Scale, I agree 100% that there should be a breakvan.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

TheJJ

Mulfred

Quote from: 7029cluncastle on February 28, 2011, 12:10:39 PM
ive visited your layout at Rothley, its great :) (was there in october last year and january this year for the steam galas) would be nice to see toby, diesel, edward and duck in ls. along with branchline coaches, henrietta and a brakevan.

I'd LOVE to see that. Especialy Duck  ;D

CaptainPunjab

Well James is comming own the line ,no pun intended  :D I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Death Metal Conductor

My guess is that they're following the same order as the HO range, Henry and Gordon being next; and probably expecting a release date late this year or just next year.

Mulfred

if so we've got like 9 years the donald and douglas is out

BillingsRR

Quote from: Death Metal Conductor on February 28, 2011, 04:17:45 PM
My guess is that they're following the same order as the HO range, Henry and Gordon being next; and probably expecting a release date late this year or just next year.

Henry and Gordon could never make Bachmann's 4-ft curves, James most likely will have hard time clearing them, but he will, based on the Big Haulers. And since the sets are intended to run on Bachmann track as an easy set up for kids, they have a very very slim chance of being made.