News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Good deals on Bachmann On30 freight cars

Started by John, February 26, 2011, 10:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

St. Aubin On30 seems to be getting out of the Bachmann On30 locomotive & freight car business. They have some very good prices on the cars they have left (boxcar, reefer, flat, gondola). It is a limited selection but if you are willing to repaint / reletter there are some good deals. I have already bought as many as I can afford, so I though I would let the rest of the group get a chance! I do not know much about their current situation but I have ordered from them in the past and been to their store in Las Vegas and have had good luck. 

http://www.staubinon30.com/Bachmann-Rolling-Stock_c_6.html

BIG BEAR

Hi All,

Due to this post, I stopped at their store in Woodstock, Il. this weekend, (The las Vegas store closed on 12-31-2009) and I asked the Mgr if they were getting out of the On30 business? He stated they were on hold right now and watching sales figures to see whether they were going to order any new On30 stock. The only good news is they are holding the line on pricing and not adjusting to this years catalog prices.
   I did score a couple great deals. I am finding it more and more difficult to locate new On30 product items in my area (so as not to pay shipping & handling charges) as they tend to make a good deal seem not so good price wise. St. Aubins is an hour away and had just about anything new I needed and for the past year or more is the only place I know of near me carrying the full line of On30 products. I truly hope to see them continue stocking these now hard to find items. St Aubins does still carry a full line of Garden railroad items from various manufacturers.

PS They also have On30 passenger cars in stock.

Enjoy,
  Barry

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.