Who operates in....DC or DCC ?

Started by Tom Hogan, February 07, 2007, 08:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Hogan

I'm Both.....half is wired DC...half is wired DCC

Jim Banner

H0 - All DCC except for one automatic hidden yard which is still dc.  But it will be a while still before all my locomotives are equpped with decoders.  In the meantime, they wait patiently on a shelf - I do not run decoderless locomotives on DCC at all.

LS - All DCC except for a couple of RC/battery locomotives.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Matthew Ginkel

Primarily dcc (digitrax) but I have switch for switing the layout to DC , for running vintage (like bachmann, tyco, etc..) peices.

Atlantic Central

Still and planning to remain DC. I don't care for sound in smaller scales and am building a large HO layout that will stage about 35 trains and operate 8-10 trains at once. Some will operate in a semi-automatic mode using computerized block control.

The computerized block control will allow colision free operation for display or walk around operation for "operating sessions", or both can be combined to suit the number of operators available.

Sheldon

bevernie

DC... and don't ever plan to degrade my system by adding another C! The guys at the local club may snub their noses at me, but... who cares? I, and my FRIENDS are happy! -and the trains don't seem to mind, either! Isn't life GREAT?                                                                                   Ernie
                                                                                      Hendersonville,NC
p.s.
   and, at least for the time being- until finances improve GREATLY, I still run HORN-HOOK COUPLERS!! That may change someday!!   lol
                                                                                                 ECD
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

David(UK)

OO and Large Scale = DC - Too many locos in OO to convert and don't run the large scale often enough to warrant it.

On30 = DCC - Decided to go down the path from the day I started in On30 - and i love the sound, especially from the Tsunamis!!
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

Seasaltchap

I have about 20 UK locos, and with a new layout in the build I thought I would also convert my stock to DCC and have simplied wiring. I am not interested in sound.

I found I bought into the wrong deal with the EZ Command Controller because it would not program CV's

Everything is on hold until I move from "EZ" to something else, or we get more than "vapour" about Dynamis.
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

0n30nutz

My modeling interests have recently changed to On30, and with all of the nice, reasonably priced DCC equipped models out there it was a no brainer to go DCC.  I've yet to be disappointed with my decision...As a matter of fact my BMan porter is scheduled for a trip to the roundhouse for a professional decoder install... ;D

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Hoople

I'm waiting for my Zephyr, so I'm still DC, but by this weekend, DCC HERE WE GO!
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!

Bill Baker

I'm in the early stages of building my fourth layout and I plan to wire it in preperation of using DCC.  Jim Banner gave me a great idea of using a hidden yard in DC.  This could also serve as a programming track.  Thanks Jim for the thought.  I, too, will slowly convert my DC engines to DCC.
Bill

zanthian

Since I am just starting in the hobby, I figured I would make the investment to start with DCC. I have the Digital Commander starter kit and a little bit of extra track. I just built a table to do a layout on.

Tom Hogan

Tony Walsham

Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

Mark Damien

Just DC for me.

I noticed QSi is going to do a DC SOUND unit with a choice of  Bemf & sensor for chuff rate.
This is perfect for me. Too much old 00 stuff to convert to DCC if at all possible.
Even if the prototypes never existed, someone would have created Model Trains anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Steams the Dream
Cheers.
Mark

FFJOHNL312

DGLE? We don't need no stinkin' DGLE!