How-to for replacing Climax and Shay gears ?

Started by LeoSt, August 04, 2012, 07:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoSt

My 2 Climax and 2 Shay loco's now all have defective gears (after minimal running  >:( )

I found out the service department has replacement gears, but is there a how-to on replacing them somewhere ?

cheers, Leo

richg

Quote from: LeoSt on August 04, 2012, 07:24:18 AM
My 2 Climax and 2 Shay loco's now all have defective gears (after minimal running  >:( )

I found out the service department has replacement gears, but is there a how-to on replacing them somewhere ?

cheers, Leo

Check with the Parts and Service department. Maybe the parts come with instructions.

You can also look at the below link if this guy has not already responded in a PM. Sometimes he watches the Bachmann forums. The On30 is based upon the HO running gear.

http://gearedsteam.blogspot.com/2012/06/repairing-bachmann-shay-line-shaft.html

Rich

2foot6

Hi Leo ST  ,I recently purchased replacement gears for both locos. The gears for the SHAY came with some instructions,but not the CLIMAX,although they are not hard to replace.

Chris333

I got the quote to buy these gears. I'm a little upset that I have to pay for them. I have a Climax and Railbus that are both broke right out of the boxes.

LeoSt

thank you for the info, I sent the loco's to a fellow modeller who will replace them with better gears.

cheers, Leo